"but other f2p games also lock heroes"

Sushi doesn’t seem like a troll to me. Just kinda smug and a contrarian, but otherwise a completely earnest user.

i say he’s a troll because he intentionally comes to all these fhreads and tries to bait people into answering to him to waste their time

2 Likes

It’s part of the issue I find with many users on this forum, echo chamber vibes at times, this is further evidenced by largely upvoted comments that don’t say anything particularly ‘well’ but agree with ‘BP bad’… :rofl: :thinking: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’ve learned that the hard way, yesterday. I wonder if it’s not Mike’s secondary account (maybe their main account got permabanned or something :sweat_smile:)… They’re using the same condescending tone (and way of turning tables) when addressing to people :slightly_frowning_face:

Why can’t people just be nice on these forums, I don’t get it… I mean, we can disagree on anything but it’s not a reason not to remain civil…

2 Likes

Actually regardless of whether or not you agree with op, Sushi definitely used to be a troll. Perhaps they’ve changed, but I remember them from when I first started using the forums. They would gaslight other users, and then when Sushi got called names they would play the victim.

Not to mention the constant emoji usage which makes every post seems sarcastic.

2 Likes

…which is exactly why I don’t play those other games.

5 Likes

Reject the entire premise of the argument. It’s not relevant what other F2P games do.

The game shouldn’t be going F2P at all but instead selling full box price expansions with enough high quality content to justify paying up front. The only reason Blizzard are doing it is because they can make more money for less content. None of it benefits gamers.

1 Like

f2p is never to the benefit of the consumer once you realize all the bells and whistles attached to the word “free”

3 Likes

You can post on this forum so you own overwatch. You will have the new hero immediately just like everyone else crying about not getting it right away. Even if it was a big deal (it isnt) it doesnt affect you or anyone else who owns overwatch 1 or who is buying battle passes. Do you not plan to play the game? All you need to do is play a game you are already going to play to tier 55 so once again, how does this affect you?

New heroes arent available in comp for 2 weeks anyways so you have 2 weeks to gring the battle pass before there is any pay or play wall gap in affect. If you arent going to play enough of this game to get to lvl 55 then why would you or anyone care at all either? If you dont want to spend money or time on a battle pass then who cares if you or anyone else similar plays or not. You arent contributing to the game in any way but want and demand it contributes to you? Ya none of you cry babys have any good arguements for this entitlement. I hope you all quit. You wont quit tho. You and everyone else will buy the battle pass day one and unlock the hero instantly and when ow2 releases and you see you didnt change anything by crying, youll forget all about it cuz it doesnt affct 95% of ppl playing ow2.

1 Like

as ive always said, “two wrongs dont make a right.” which some people here make it out to be to justify OW2’s direction

1 Like

this hero maybe, but not the next. It’s merely delaying the problem.
everyone here would rather have not to deal with any kind of grinding and the game is not designed around having to unlock heroes.

the rest of your post sounds like a barely held together mishmash of pure seething, so i won’t interact with it

Cod does make you grind for guns and that affects performance

My concern is, “How is this going to work for players that buy the game later?”

I mean, I originally bought Overwatch back in 2017 (a year after release). Do that now, and I would have 3 new heroes locked, along with existing heroes as well – if rumors of new players only having 15 heroes unlocked is true.

cod is most definetely not a good example of fair and good games, especially now
and if you open any other thread you’ll see how people hate it when ow gets close to cod

If the game exists & is still currently playable after a prolonged period then BAD = GOOD and is easily confirmed.

just letting you know there is precedence of successful games doing stuff like this

how did you miss the entire point of the thread?

EDIT:

the guy doesn’t read

how did you miss mine? I know some people wont like it. Its going live and going to live on anyway with new players

its really not that big of a deal either, people are just mad in principal

i get the anger but its not going to kill your win rate

i don’t care if other games do that, it’s not an excuse. it’s LITERALLY the point of the thread, so it’s moronic to go “well other games do that and they are succesfull”. fortnite is a successful game and it does not lock gameplay behind the battlepass, only cosmetics.
and it’s not about my winrate, it’s about the balance. You think it’d be fair for the enemy team to lose on hero pick?
The game is still designed around switching and countering and so far pretty much every hero has been pretty op on launch and now they have incentives to make them even stronger to drive up more sales.

actually, the silver lining may be that blizzard is so incompetent that in trying to make an overtuned hero they mae an undertuned one

Its not going to be a big deal outside of masters+

especially for dps and support, It could be an issue briefly if they release an op tank

in GM they will probably either need to buy or grind first but only if the new hero is that op