"But McCree's winrate is sooooooo bad😭"

That is such a baby nerf that I believe it. That is the exact kind of change I am expecting.

It’s bizarre how math like that is ignored by people with winrate arguments.

As if math is unimportant when talking about numbers.

7 Likes

I ignore it for two reasons, firstly, your own claim that the math is shoddy. Funny how that is all of a sudden not relevant, and furthermore because heroes who having much higher pickrates also have much higher winrates when they are dominant. Especially relative to the class of heroes. It is pretty easy to ignore when all heroes have the math applied under the same circumstances. There isn’t a secret McCree equation, fam.

The people who force that 50/50 logic are the ones ignoring the data. Bias will be bias.

2 Likes

It was never relevant.

2 Likes

The distortion isn’t relevant? K. Interesting 180.

It’s perfectly normal to change your understanding of something when you see new compelling evidence.

This is from a guy who has been having frequent email exchanges with the Overbuff website developer.

4 Likes

At this point Robotwizards post should just be pinned so everyone actually understands how Overbuff works.

6 Likes

Hmm, then I guess heroes with high win rates with low use rates are just high because they’re one tricked only when they find it optimally. Like Torbjorn or Bastion, then players just swap when it doesn’t work.

Yup, and because they tend to extend the duration of the match giving them more playtime on a specific hero, and get switched off quickly of they aren’t working.

Just sayin the whole 50% winrate argument doesn’t work for McCree because he’s only played 50% of the time

There’s Reinhardt who’s played 75% of the time and is sitting on a 52% WR which may indicate that he’s winning extra games where the other team isn’t running Reinhardt

But McCree is only winning 49% of the time, being picked around 50% of games which can be an indication that the team that isn’t picking him is more likely to win
I know people will argue that people swap to him when they’re losing but honestly I think McCree is vastly overrated in comparison to cries for him to be nerfed, he really isn’t the monster that people claim he is

If it was simply “pick McCree and win when the other team doesn’t play him” then he would definitely have a higher win rate, I do think McCree (alongside Tracer) do need to be nerfed, but I also think people are far too quick to complain and are vastly over exaggerating his strength

3 Likes

As long as people are so blind as to believe this there will never be progress.

1 Like

Thanks! I think it is the post I am most proud of.

3 Likes

I mean to be fair if you are below Diamond you probably are overpicking McCree for the value you are capable of getting on him. It is like being a Gold Widow. If you could get value on Widow, you would not be in Gold.

1 Like

Winrate means nothing
If a hero is actually a mustpick then everyone would play them
in that scenario it would stable at 50% or wherever it is
why?
because 1 of these heroes wins and loses every game
pickrate is more accurate as that can change and a hero having a very high pickrate is a sign of them being too powerful (though there are exceptions to this example being genji: he is…ok though his pickrate is so high because people find him allot of fun to play

Typically mirror matches would be excluded from winrate calculations though.

This argument falls apart when you realise that even if this were the case you’d still have people who would refuse to play said hero, and thus their win rate would be greater than 50%

Gold Widows get value with Widow in Gold… or they wouldn’t be in Gold maining Widow.

1 Like

His winrate being negative kinda shows he’s not as strong as people think. If he has a lower winrate because of the mirror matchups you’d expect a super op hero to have a really high winrate vs non mirror matchups which would bring it over 50%. Yet he’s still below 50%. This shows he still loses games vs teams without a McCree.

2 Likes

What rank are you getting these stats from?

In mid to low ranks if one team has a McClick and loses it will throw off the over all stats.

I feel like it’s one small aspect that should be considered.

Yet the mccree mains treat his WR like its a freakin holy text. Doesn’t matter that he’s obliterating anyone in his way, if his winrate is low, he’s obviously one of the worst characters in the game apparently smh. And God forbid you call them on it. inb4 they all start screaming about how bad his ult is even though it absolutely dumps on barrage and visor etc.

2 Likes