"But McCree's winrate is sooooooo badšŸ˜­"

Thanks! I think it is the post I am most proud of.

3 Likes

I mean to be fair if you are below Diamond you probably are overpicking McCree for the value you are capable of getting on him. It is like being a Gold Widow. If you could get value on Widow, you would not be in Gold.

1 Like

Winrate means nothing
If a hero is actually a mustpick then everyone would play them
in that scenario it would stable at 50% or wherever it is
why?
because 1 of these heroes wins and loses every game
pickrate is more accurate as that can change and a hero having a very high pickrate is a sign of them being too powerful (though there are exceptions to this example being genji: he isā€¦ok though his pickrate is so high because people find him allot of fun to play

Typically mirror matches would be excluded from winrate calculations though.

This argument falls apart when you realise that even if this were the case youā€™d still have people who would refuse to play said hero, and thus their win rate would be greater than 50%

Gold Widows get value with Widow in Goldā€¦ or they wouldnā€™t be in Gold maining Widow.

1 Like

His winrate being negative kinda shows heā€™s not as strong as people think. If he has a lower winrate because of the mirror matchups youā€™d expect a super op hero to have a really high winrate vs non mirror matchups which would bring it over 50%. Yet heā€™s still below 50%. This shows he still loses games vs teams without a McCree.

2 Likes

What rank are you getting these stats from?

In mid to low ranks if one team has a McClick and loses it will throw off the over all stats.

I feel like itā€™s one small aspect that should be considered.

Yet the mccree mains treat his WR like its a freakin holy text. Doesnā€™t matter that heā€™s obliterating anyone in his way, if his winrate is low, heā€™s obviously one of the worst characters in the game apparently smh. And God forbid you call them on it. inb4 they all start screaming about how bad his ult is even though it absolutely dumps on barrage and visor etc.

2 Likes

His other stats are pretty sus too. What is overperforming besides his pickrate?

Edit - For anyone who cares, his response (that he posted jn a different thread) was that he doesnā€™t care about any stats and is just tired of him being in every match.

McCree haters just validate me so much that it is ridiculous. My ego is bigger than his pickrate.

3 Likes

Actually not too long ago several streamers had been shown the data for hero pick rates and win rates. A few compared them to Overbuff, and outside a few outliers, the numbers were apparently similar. Enough so that Overbuff, while by no means perfect, provides sufficient data to gauge game performance.

Now Over uff has its moments. Itā€™s daily rates can be a mess until corrected. But the metadata it provides is sufficient for common use.

1 Like

Soon you might get out of gold playing him.

The issue with mccree wasnt the buffs he received, its that his counters started being put down more and more, so he started gaining power even without being buffed, even with his buff he was decent for some time, just now rather recently he started gaining loads of power

Yeah, I was a diamond McCree before all the buffs and meta shift, but I havenā€™t really felt like playing him too much. Everytime I tried, I climbed a few hundred SR, but then my urge to Doomfist just comes back. After so long playing McCree, I think I just need a break. Especially once I figured out Zen was basically the same thing. Queuing for him just got less appealing. Why wait 10 minutes to play the hitscan version of Zen with a stun that I suck at landing anyways? Makes no sense for me personally.

Meanwhile rein on nearly 13% pickrate and 55% winrate.

Oh no did I just kill your argument?

2 Likes

They are going to need to recycle that emoji when they figure it out.

1 Like

Deadeye -> 3.20 kills average per game

Visor -> 4.40

Barrage ->5.27

Come again?

Deadeye is the third worst killrate ult from dps role, only surpassed by meteor strike and pulse bomb, and nearly tied with dragonstrike.

2 Likes

As you should, itā€™s a great well thought out post, probably one of the best on those forums.

1 Like

iā€™ve checked a few weeks ago to write a post.

His E/D ratio and average elims are a bit lower than Tracerā€™s and Asheā€™s, and Echoā€™s and Soldier ones are way more. He also lacks in average elims. Has a lot of solo kills, but not much more than Genji, Soldier and Ashe, and is behind Tracer. Shines in final blows tho. Across those dps heroes heā€™s on a lower side, Tracer, Genji, Soldier and Ashe has a bit higher one.

1 Like

Yep.

His biggest benefit is that he doesnā€™t have hardcounters, so heā€™s very versatile and unless you negate projectile cast with matrix, he can always do something, even if to a lesser degree than other heroes on the same field.