[ BUG ?] - You Nerfed Mercy's Self Heal?

I’m beginning to wonder if it’s even possible for Mercy to have a patch with good changes… I mean, the most beneficial addition to her kit was originally a bug. It would be nice reading good stuff about her in there for once.

6 Likes

In Overwatch 2? Apparently not lol

Notice how they are trying to turn a “bug” into a more controllable feature but every time they try it it creates ACTUALLY bad and op bugs?

Last beta had permaflight in the skycap because of the GA rework, now the GA rework is causing permanent ping-ponging to be possible and cancelling people’s rezzes

Gotta love it!

If this mid-cycle patch

a) fixes her self heal nerf
b) makes GA fun again
c) has other changes to her kit

I would cry in joy

Will it? Def not

1 Like

Definitely a little silly

Even still, Mercy is very survivable because of how mobile she is

Also I haven’t noticed the change and didn’t think about it when I read the patch notes. If you’re able to self heal as Mercy then you’re probably in a situation where you can get most of your health back anyways

I agree objectively but that doesn’t make it acceptable…

They nerfed (even if on accident) her self heal to be worse than OW1, and now her mobility is worse than OW1 with this GA change because it handicaps good Mercy players and removes a lot of tech like prop bounces, controlled SJs, etc.

So her mobility and regen are both worse than in OW1, so her survivability in worse than in OW1. Yet the whole point of support balance in OW2 is that the Devs noticed they died more and want them to be more durable. So they all got a self regen to accomplish this. And now I would argue many of them are MORE durable and survivable than Mercy because they have her regen + self heal abilities on CD + passive self heals like Moira + mobility too, and in Zen’s case he lacks those things so he got +25 HP and a Lucio boop with no CD…

So something that used to be a unique strength of Mercy (high survivability) is now weaker on herself and has become a strong part of all the other supports. Mercy has less survivability than in OW1 and all the other supports have way more.

Yet Mercy lacks the healing, utility, or damage to compete with the others, her mobility was the thing that made her a viable pick in a lot of situations

And it’s even worse in OW2 because her rez is going to get pulled off less often due to the faster nature of fights

I dont think I agree…like at all

One of the strongest Mercy playstyles, especially in OW2, is baiting enemy attention and aggro by using good GA movement and taking advantage of her regen to stay alive. This works well because her healing isn’t high enough to simply sit behind a corner healing them lol

2 Likes

I would consider myself a good Mercy player and I’ve not noticed any differences from before besides the obvious super jump

The niche maneuvers only effect very high tier play

Also her self healing is only technically worse, it’s not like she heals less or anything. She’ll probably heal less in total, but not by a notable margin.

A lot of people consider themselves a lot of things :person_shrugging:

Disagree :man_shrugging:

Taking 50% longer to start healing is a big nerf…

3 Likes

Let me rephrase then, I am a good Mercy

I focus on the game sense rather than the technical stuff, I put myself in the right place at all times and rarely die as long as my team is any bit of competent. So no, I’ve not noticed the changes to the tech available.

Well all the objectively good (GM-high GM) Mercy mains I follow online have said otherwise and I agree with them as a GM Mercy player so I think ima stick with them but everyone is entitled to their own opinion that’s the beauty of the forums!

The difference is regen time is definitely noticeable. I wasn’t sure what it was until I read this post. I think its pretty obvious that, considering the support passive change/overlap, Mercy should at least have some benefit to the self healing. Whether more than just 22.5/hps?(laughable) or at least retain the normal 1 second time. Not sure if it should be changed more than that until other parts of her kit are addressed.

It is really hard to say if we are dying more or not in this beta because of the change. Mainly because JQ is in most of the games and I die almost every time she ults. It really is overwhelming for Mercy to deal with that ult. Either you die or your team dies then you die. Also less people currently on Winston means no shield that I can use in the middle of combat to avoid damage and start the regen timer.

1 Like

I mean it’s kind of silly to not value GM Mercy mains opinion on her balance more than others…that’s just logic?

Agreed

Yes, but to completely disregard because someone isn’t GM(and I was last time I played comp) is first rude and second foolish

GM players aren’t the holy messiahs of Overwatch that have all the answers and all the best and correct takes. They are more well informed yes, but suffer just as much from bias and jumping the gun as anyone else.

3 Likes

Here’s an easy example where the 1 second and 1.5 can make a big difference:

Its the combination of mobility and having that short window for a quick regen that helps alot. This is from Beta1

I’m not saying it can’t, it’s a 50% nerf and all. I’m just saying that you’re still healing the same amount but later.

In situations where you’re hovering on one health for extended periods of time because you keep getting beaten out of your healing, yeah it’s gonna kill you instead. But it’s not like that situation happens constantly or frequently. You should be attempting to put yourself where you won’t get shot as much as reasonably possible.

I listened to your opinion, gave my own, disagreed with you, cited reasons why, and then said everyone has their own opinion. Didn’t realize that was me completely disregarding it

Also, just because you have an opinion doesn’t mean I have to agree with it…

^^^

You came back with, “it effects good Mercy players” and expected no one to take offensevto that statement

I cited I got gud, you said git gudder even though I wasn’t even complaining about anything

Where did I say that tho

I said one of her strongest playstyles in OW2 is a certain way and you said “I consider myself to be a good Mercy player”

Getting shot is fine to an extent. Realistically you only want to get shot at. Actually as Mercy when helping your team in a chaotic situation, you want to take enemy fire. It means the enemy isn’t focused on your teammates. What you do not want, is to die. It is another way of looking at damage mitigation and maximizing her heals.

Now its entirely possible its just a difference in playstyle between us in OW2 beta, but this is how I play. You will see I take damage, support my teammates, but do not die. I have specific movements to maximize cover and minimize how often I can be hit, but I will not hide and have my team die.

1 Like

This post, second paragraph, don’t care to learn quoting at the current moment

This ^ so much this

Hiding around corners all game holding LMB down doesn’t get NEARLY as much value, especially in OW2

So you don’t think automating superjump and removing prop bounces, controllable superjump heights, and other tech is handicaping good Mercy players?

ok rofl

It’s not handicapping me because I never used any of that junk and am learning how to control the super jump instead of complaining about it

It’s handicapping the best of the best, sure, but they should be of the lowest concern considering they’re of the least common denominator

1 Like