BUG = Event player took/dealt damage (torb turret, symmetra turrets, ashe bob)

Events PLAYER TOOK DAMAGE and PLAYER DEALT DAMAGE doesnt trigger when Torbjorn Turret, Symmetra Turrets and Ashe’s Bob (knock and cannon) deal damage.

Please include these objects/entities as damage dealers for the owner player.

2 Likes

They never were.
But by the fact how long the “Bug” in Start Camera existed, aka that it got cancelled by Emotes / Abilities that change the perspective who know what is a bug at this point and what isn’t…

Player Owned Entities with AI actually aren’t affected by
Set Damage Dealt (Event Player)
Set Knock back Dealt (Event Player)
and stuff like that so ~~
might all be just 1 Big bug…

2 Likes

its not really a bug, they never implemented these entities as dmg/knockback dealers… that’s why i wrote

Please include these objects/entities as damage dealers for the owner player.

i dont know why the didnt include it when for example, junkrat trap triggers these events, or torbjorn ultimate (lava), etc…

1 Like

so i guess they will never add these AI entities/objects to workshop events? cuz they will need to add some vars to the main ow code to detect it in workshop? unlucky

well, i guess we need to wait then…
thx for the info!!

This would be great to have. I’m running into the same bug right now. It’s also discussed in these two posts -
Turret damage not detected, is that intentional? Workshop — Turrets don't register damage events

Workshop team, please implement this! We can do a lot of cool things with it!

1 Like

Well there is an inconvenient workaround we can use now. Since still any object’s damage is added to the total damage done and since we got new values which tracks each heroes and players stats. We can create a Variable that stores these stats changes and compare these with previous standings in relation to the ability/or object in use.

2 Likes

To add to this topic, it also looks like the Start Damage Modification action has no effect on turrets or B.O.B.

I’m trying to make a custom team-based mode using the FFA ruleset and this bug is causing some issues and I’ll be forced to disable Ashe, Symmetra, and Torb until it’s fixed. IMO I think this should be at the top of the priority list for the Workshop dev team.