Buffs that'll help reaper without the dreaded rework

They could make his weapon spread static instead of dynamic. Currently his effective range (where all pellets will connect on the target) is 3-5m for squishies and 5-7m for tanks. His actual pellet spread is atrocious. It excedes his default reticle if you’re more than 5m away. The same applies to hog and torb (see the trend?). Take D. Va for example; her weapons have a fixed spread. They will not shoot outside of their cone no matter how far away you are. Reaper, however, shoots outside of the cone after ~5m, guaranteeing his shots are not as effective or consistent.

Also, buff shadowstep by speeding up the animation.

2 Likes

I wanted to keep the existing abilities and tweak them rather than change/add things. Thats what i meant

You do realise that this means he would a whole 8 more damage against armor right? I don’t know, it sounds too overpowered to me.

Hes supposed to be anti tank. Armor counters that. His damage is the same, armor just doesnt reduce it

Shadowstep changes would be welcome. I’ve always advocated for a nigh instant initial tele, but keep the same load time at the back end of it so it can be used mid battle when wraith is down or has been used for a quick reload/to avoid CC. Lower the voice line a bit more as well.

As others have said, I think a fixed shotgun spread would be really helpful. Your proposed idea would probably be a step in the right direction as well. Could maybe even add 2 more rounds total?

Not sure about wraith on a meter. I really like where wraith is currently. I think it’s one of the better abilities in the game and is great for its multiple uses.

As others and I have suggested elsewhere, I think smoke grenades on his alt fire could be useful. Possibly even add a benefit to Reaper while he’s in them I.E. ignore armor when in or firing through smoke. Or more life leach when in or firing through smoke. Or possibly even make the smoke slow enemies when they’re in it. Put it on a 13 or so second cooldown. Maybe more.

I really do think he should avoid a rework. I think he just needs tweaking. I don’t think he’ll ever be meta defining, but more overall usefulness would be much appreciated

I wouldnt mind giving him smoke grenades for right click. Your team can still see enemies in the smoke

It would make his ultimate nearly useless. That’s why it’s really hard to get a 5K in many circumstances, since he’s ultimate is literally his health remaining and not protected by anything. He’s ultimate is not ok right now, because it’s susceptible to every single type of output in the game, and he has nothing in protection.

Plus, the vertical/horizontal movement on his ultimate is literally super slow. It’s super easy to dodge.

Armor works by halving any damage that’s 10 and below or reducing each shot by 5 if it’s 11 or over so currently reaper shoots 20 pellets at 7 damage each meaning against armor he does 70 damage. (7/2)=3.5x20=70

What you are proposing makes him shoot 13 pellets at 11 damage each meaning after your change he now does 78 per shot. 11-5x13=78

So you have increased his damage by 8 per shot against armor.

Yes, against armor, which most tanks have. And would make him useful against tank heavy or goats comps. His base damage is basically the same, but he basically ignores the benefits armor provides

I believe his point was that the difference would be negligible. In order to basically ignore armor, he would need to fire slugs.

Which honestly I would rather he do. Slugs with very short falloff: all the benefits of armor penetration, no extra effective range, but penalized by requiring better aim.

1 Like

A lot of us aren’t actually opposed to a possible rework due to just the stale nature of his character despite of all the potential he could have.

Let’s pretend that they buffed Shadow step, wasn’t ungodly slow. What then? There is so much damn CC in this game, where I don’t think even wraith form will save him. Shadow step still doesn’t change the fact that his Shot gun spread is so weak especially on non-tanks and encouraging a DPS to “not shoot at that Moira whom with the help of Ana grenade is going to outheal your damage” seems pretty trash.

And then I sound like a broken record, but even if you buffed his shadowstep, would it still make him a fun character with the most basic abilities? Nah, I don’t think so. Deathblossom is probably his most fun ability but it’s one of the easiest DPS ultimates to shut down due to the nature of him having to be in the thick of the team.

How could 8 more damage per shot possibly help against armor!?

Per pellet? 8x11? Instead if 70 damage to armor, hed do 143. Am I talking about something different to you?

I worded that wrong.

You are saying that changing his shotguns to shoot 13 pellets at 11 damage would help him against armor but the way armor works is that any single pellet that deals 10 or less is halved and any pellet that deals 11 or over has the damage reduced by 5 meaning that reapers new shotguns that you want to give him would have each pellet doing 6 damage which makes each shot deal 78 damage to armor (11 minus 5 times 13 equals 78).

So I’m asking you how does 8 more damage per shot against armor make him better?

Change the E for literally anything else. Or make it so there are like no teleport time

his gun’s spread should certainly be buffed at this point

buff shadowstep

I have always believed that Reaper needs a set niche to thrive in. Like, is he a tank-buster? Or is he an assassin?

Right now, he sorta fits in both, and as a result he’s great at neither.

I think, before deciding whatever buffs he needs, the devs must first decide what role he plays on the battlefield. Once they have a clear vision, then they can implement meaningful changes!

1. Did Shadow Step by at the very least halving the starting and ending animation time.

2. Alt-fire: Grenade Launcher with 2 forms of ammo (selected by mouse wheel)

A. Hellfire Grenades: 3 rapid fire projectiles doing 50 damage direct hit, 25 AoE, and + 50% Damage to Armor.

B. Nightfall Grenades: 3 rapid fire projectiles that burst into an 10’ radius AoE upon contact with the ground creating a cloud that allows unobstructed enemy outlines to be seen. Lasts 10s

After use Geneade Launcher enters a cool down of 15s. And will automatically switch to Hellfire Shotguns.

If he gets a buff then soon people will ask for another :laughing: