BUFF.... practice range

All I want is to know more accurately how far you are from the bot and to get more clues on how much damage have been done

So Blizzard should put the practice range in the maps options in custom games pretty much, why not I’m sure it wouldn’t take very long

The ability to swap at least the range test bot (the one to the right of the spawn room with the range markings on the floor) with other models. If a character has more than one model (Bastion’s 3 forms, Hammond’s 2 forms, Rein with/without shield up, etc), have those as separate options. Also increase the range markings to 60 or so meters.

You guys remember in Zelda the mini games you can play that involve shooting at rupees or balloons? Why not throw a some fast moving targets like that in the practice range? Would be nice.

but… you can literally make a custom game with bots for practice that have the same body shape as the heroes you wanna play against… And they have better movement. Practice range is literally only there to help new players or maybe a warmup, nothing else.

I use it for DPS and range calculations quite a bit… Like this. Being able to use different models for things like that would be really handy.

That reminds me, having the ability to apply buffs and debuffs to yourself and the bots would be really nice… Like being able to nano boost yourself as any character, or place a discord orb on an enemy…

They could also implement some logging feature.

yeah, the practice range is lacking. Like, at the very least have a few bots with tank-like health or armor.
And maybe show their exact health in numbers, so we can figure out the damage of abilities without having to consult a wiki.

Yes! There used to be a megathread like this but I don’t know where it went.

+1 for flying, fast, shielded and armored bots
Barrier bot
Far away bot
Erratic bot
Better distance measurements
Target with damage numbers indicator
Insta-charge ult bot/button/zone/marmelade
Headshots only bot
Tries-to-hide-from-you bot
Invisible-but-audible bot
Tells-you-not-to-let-toxic-people-get-to-you bot

danm thats a lot of likes, seems like people really like pratice range.

I think in a recent interview with Stylosa, Jeff said they have a lot of ideas for improving the practice range, but don’t see it as a priority.

no offense, but I HATEEEE Stylosa so much, that guy has a bad rep to me.

Yeah, but it was Jeff who said it, and how could you hate Jeff?

I dont, I think Sylosa is scum, thats all.

Practice range is better for measurement and testing, bc it has numbered lines on the ground.
To practice aiming, custom game ia good enough. Hard bots move quite eratically. Tune down the dmg bots do and you pretty much have the pratice range you guys want.
Letting another player in is definitely useful though.

it’s not really the same thing tho and the bot selection is very limited.

Most of it you can do in custom game with bots and friends

Selection limit is not an issue for me. If you can track 6 hard Lucios or soldiers consistently, shooting genji and pharah shouldn’t be hard.

I think the idea should be ease of access really.

That I can start an overwatch game, click practice range, select map, and chill while waiting for a friend to start the game, or invite them and quickly test a few things.

That I can quickly do it, not that I payed to build my gaming pc, then payed for the game, now I am developing the game for the developers.

The practice range is sorta half *** to me in general. The map is OK, but some unique ones would be cool.