Buff idea: Storm Arrow now rapid-fires scatter arrows

Just kidding lol, here’s a daily reminder that a 1-s nerf on jump is not enough and Hanzo is still outperforming 80% of the dps roster

17 Likes

reinhardt is still outperforming 100% of the tank roster

3 Likes

I don’t want them to nerf Hanzo. I want them to get Reaper on his level.

3 Likes

Reaper meta should come sooner or later (i hope)

3 Likes

Why being shy about it?? He outperforms 100% of the DPS roster.

3 Likes

He doesn’t outshine Widowmaker, Genji, Tracer or Doomfist.

4 Likes

Imo Hanzo is fine.

The other dps aren’t good enough.

Take for example reaper, bastion, symm even mccree has major problems.

They need to buff other DPS.

Hanzo has the same burst as Widow while having more consistent damage, more close range option and overall survivability.
Hanzo out burst , out damage and outlive Tracer and Genji.
Doomfist is as broken as Hanzo but still very few use him right, while crappy Hanzos still get picks from spamming.

So overall, yes hanzo outperforms them all.

3 Likes

I guess a Reaper Meta would be thrilling. Like, you keep your distance and hes useless, its not

• keep your distance and get headshotted from a mile away
    or
  • go in and get violated by Storm Arrow
2 Likes

Hanzo has a really low skill floor, but if you are good at aiming then Widowmaker is simply a much better option as it gives you a clear advantage to killing the enemy Hanzo. Genji and Tracer still have the mobility to do very well in the sniper meta.

I agree, Hanzo shouldn’t be a tank buster for crying out loud.

2 Likes

Hanzo whinepost #93455

2 Likes

Genji, Tracer and Doom can be countered relatively easy and they take a lot of skill … Hanzo has no real counter and depends more on luck than on skill.

The counter to Hanzo is Widowmaker.

Was gonna +1 but then he says just kidding s m h

1 Like

Sorry, is this the part where I say “blind hanzo supporter #102,032” or politely ask why you think Hanzo is currently okay in comparison with all the other dps heroes? I haven’t done this in a while so I’m a little confused

1 Like

i am thebiggaypost #942092.3

He has a pickrate less than Doomfist and the “ever so niche” Brigitte, as well as Genji, Tracer and Widow, while having a consistent 49% winrate in all ranks, dropping to bottom 5 in higher tiers.

He’s annoying to play into but not imba - there’s a difference. And I’ve seen a LOT of Hanzo’s who think the hero is just spamming into chokes - they usually lose the game for their team. He was legitimately broken when his pickrate was up there with Mercy and Rein but through nerfs to him and his synergies in grav dragon he doesn’t inordinately impact games anymore.

Also, I’m a hitscan main. All things considered Hanzo is not even in my top 10. I’m just objective.

4 Likes

An objective Hanzo supporter! Now that’s something I haven’t seen in a while!

Well, then, you sir deserve a rationaI response.

For one, I’d point out Overbuff isn’t exactly a reliable source anymore, which is honestly inconvenient for everyone. But even if we do account for Overbuff stats, Hanzo isn’t exactly in a horrible spot either. Like you said, at GM, he only has a pickrate smaller than Genji, Tracer, Widow and Doomfist in comparison with other dps. In other words, he is outpicking 10 other dps while his winrate at 52% isn’t poor either.

Second, Hanzo has received what, 2 nerfs? One to his jump and one to Storm arrows. Neither were particularly heavy–a 1s nerf to lunge and 10 damage off storm arrows (80 to 70) didn’t exactly kill his entire character. He still dominates at range considering his projectile speed as well as damage output is still very consistent. Even currently, at 70 damage, he dishes out the same damage as a bodyshotting point blank Reaper, except he is free to do it at any range.

Never mind the duration nerf to Storm arrow, that didn’t change anything.

The reason why Hanzo is no longer meta is because of the changes to OTHER heroes, such as grav size nerf and inability to damage boost dragonstrike, which I honestly find baffling–it took 2 nerfs to other heroes to make sure Hanzo doesn’t teamwipe everyone every 2 minutes.

In short, Hanzo himself is still as broken as ever–his meta is just outshined by GOATS meta right now. He himself as a character still contests some of the top dps

1 Like

Storm Arrow just needs a Mobility nerf seo there is some counter play to it.