Buff Genji a little

Genji needs a buff, I’m tired of pretending he doesn’t. As a Genji main, he feels awful to play with rn. Give him some sort of buff please I’m begging.

2 Likes

My guy? I know more than just their names, Jesus you’re small minded. I just honestly play Genji and want a small buff? I play tank as Ramattra and D.va. I even started to play Sigma a bit. And what’s wrong with my name?

Genji is a difficult character to balance.

Players who are good at Genji are absolutely going to destroy most other people. They’ll even have a fairly good win rate against hard counters.

On the other hand, everyone else who sucks with Genji is more of a detriment for their team whenever they play the character.

How does one square that circle?

7 Likes

You’re just trying to gatekeep since this is my first post on here. So what if I don’t change my pfp or that I play Genji, I’m tired of people being so entitled. God forbid I make a post on Genji. He felt playable last season but this season he just hasn’t felt right. He literally just got nerfed so why can’t I make a post on my opinion?

1 Like

The rare times I play him, it’s pathetically easy and the hype around his “skill requirement” is a bogus scam and complete misunderstanding.

Same for doom.

They are NOT HIGH SKILL.

They are UNORTHODOX.

Once you figure them out it’s easy. Movement based combo characters.

There are smash bros characters 25X more complex and difficult to play.

Needing to remember “poke for 50 damage → dash → alt fire → melee” is not some magical god tier skill, and it works the same on every squishy, with some few of them needing you to bait cool downs first.

And you do that with deflect or you just escape with one of your many mobility tools.

Top tier win rate and pick rate across all ranks. Yeah so bad. Benefitted massively from health increase and projectile size turning his alt fire into a free attack up close. Oh the horror how will he ever connect his 0.5 second kill combo with dash reset on ASSISTED Elims.

22 Likes

Eh I was going to suggest more movement options. He has a lot of vertical but not much other than dash for horizontal. Then again maybe I just suck, but I was dropping 20+ kills consistently last season and I can’t seem to get above 15 this season.

He doesn’t need one.

No.

Nope.

Absolutely not.

Nada.

No-way.

Negative.

Denied.

Forbidden.

Verboten.

Nah.

He’s still got a high pick rate and great effectiveness.

No buffs.

14 Likes

no.

if you need buffs on genji you arent playing him right.

3 Likes

Genji is a solid high B maybe even A tier DPS atm, he needs no buffs. I’m sorry to say that if you think he needs a buff atm, it’s a personal issue.

If anything, debloat his kit so he CAN be buffed without shattering him, or nerfed without getting sledgehammered.

4 Likes

Genji main syndrome: If he’s not S-tier, he’s unplayable and needs buffs.

He’s still solidly A-tier.

13 Likes

I’m not here to judge, but you do you. He wants his hero buffed, you want a lot of heroes nerfed.

2 Likes

Yep, fair enough. :+1:

2 Likes

I mostly think he needs a small movement buff, something to keep him moving horizontally. Other than dash, I think he needs a purely movement based ability. And I don’t think he’s unplayable, he just feels worse to play this season for some reason. It’s not like I said, “GENJI NEEDS TO DO 20000 DAMAGE PER ATTACK”. I just said he needs a small buff. Idk maybe I’m crazy

why would he need anything lol awww he feels worse? man maybe try getting off your horse and notice so many other heroes have become unplayable ever since season 9 o___o ?! shocker!

:(((( poor genji main! top played hero and yet still needs more buffs! because… he feels slightly worse i guess??? yet not unplayable… hm… just like many other heroes who are GOOD and arent under 1% in terms of pickrate, or being limited to just 1 map…

1 Like

Genji is top 3 dps in most ranks

There are 15 other heroes in the role doing worse than he is

5 Likes

This is the appropriate reply to such nonsense.

2 Likes

No. Genji does not need a buff. Tracer needs a nerf. A proper one. Not these wrist-slaps.

4 Likes

He’s fine lol
Symm needs a buff

4 Likes

How about no. Not even little.

1 Like

What about the hyper-mobile, 250 hp, 310 dps, faster swinging cyborg ninja needs buffing?

Out of everyone in the game, Genji benefitted the most with the season 9 patch and he even got buffed again after that. Without even considering the new flappymaxx bug in the game, he is beyond well-off.

Play a season of Genji in a “Bad state” like the rest of us have been doing for several seasons in a row.

4 Likes