Bronze player deserves to be higher

how would the matchmaker know its the not the same person though? i mean, surely thats not the job of the matchmaker to figure out who i am and on what account i am playing…surely thats too invasive.

hmmm…maybe i should call my lawyer and start a lawsuit

6 Likes

And let’s be clear here, reviewing a VOD vs. making decisions in the moment are two completely different processes. I suspect many of the people doing VOD reviews would miss or make many more mistakes in game, even if they’d consider those very same actions as flawed during a VOD review. A mind has got finite resources available at any given time. Playing a match uses up a large percentage of the resources that would otherwise be devoted JUST to cold hard analysis, as in a VOD review setting.

2 Likes

So one point I had made clear to me (by my old coach) and I try to pass along to anyone I offer any guidance to is:

• why do we aim train? So that your mind uses less resources to focus on trying to hit shots and do damage so you can focus on your awareness.

When people are “tunneling,” isn’t it fair to assume they’re using a lot more resources to focus on their target than they are committing to

• looking (peripheral)
  • listening (audio queues/callouts)
  • observing the evolution of the fight

Everyone makes mistakes. The point of being a “better” player is to minimize them.

Can’t speak for others but positioning is a constant subroutine in my brain that I always have to keep focusing on.

As well as a running timer as to how long I can remain in one spot or not watch my vulnerable angles.

The human mind operates at 4000 Hz and utilizes less power than a laptop computer while processing an absurd amount of data.

5 Likes

for sure and this is why it’s illegal to drive while being on your phone … and why i stay out of voice chat and largely why i one trick

no i didn’t that was just my main take away

full review of the review here:

nope… why should i submit to a forced grind…?

I could bear watching 5 minutes. Your takes are so unbelievably bad and it’s hilarious how you justify your trash decision making and positioning.

Yea, that or you are simply a hard stuck 2.5k player.

3 Likes

elaborate. e.g. would you say going main at the start was a mistake?

then the ranked system is broken? as evidenced by my case and the other cases i brought up in this thread?

I’ve told you many times that i won’t engage in actual discussions with you. You are too arrogant to acknowledge any mistakes you made which is in no way warranted btw considering the fact that you are struggling to stay in plat on your alt account.

Or maybe you are just nowhere near as good as you think you are.

They only reason for people having unintentional 1000sr descrapancies between accounts is because the higher Sr is not where they belong.

2 Likes

don’t comment on my thread then?

then the following statement must be true:

if some people are higher than where they belong then it leads logically to the conclusion that some people are also lower than where they belong no?

sure, if you constantly play in a 6 stack and are 100% sober then yes, theres a CHANCE your sr might be inflated…now, see, i only solo que, or duo que and i will be the first to admit, i enjoy having a beer and bowl while playing, so when i start losing games, theres absolutely a reason WHY i start. is my sr inflated or deflated? no, because what i lose from one night, i can gain back the next day and then some.

people think that "well i play everyday for x number of hours, i should be (insert rank)

and those people are the same people who always received participation trophies and were told by their parents that they are special.

no one is special

your sr is where you belong

if you dont like it, gid gud n00bz

2 Likes

That’s an issue with the game. I don’t think anyone should grind the game 20 hours a day just to climb.
Instead of rewarding better players, they get terrible teammates, toxic teammates. I’ve seen GM players lose games in gold and even in bronze.

1 Like

I should have clarified: i am not gonna waste my time (again) on reviewing your vod just for you to ignore or dismiss my comments.

The system doesn’t have to be broken for you to have a lucky streak.

Of course. The opposite of a lucky streak is an unlucky streak. Part of the game. Just play on your main and you’ll see that you will drop back down to plat near to the SR of your alt.

2 Likes

10 hours played already and hasn’t happened

:thinking:

You reached 3500 after 9h playtime, you still have 0 games played as a masters player. There’s a big difference.

What does your other account have? 20h play time or something and is at low plat. I can’t check because you hid your account again. If anything, that account should be more of an indicator of your true SR.

3 Likes

This really depends on the person tbh, some climb faster than others while others simply reach their peak and can’t climb anymore.

You’re just as good or bad as your teammates lol, do you have proof that the game “gives you bad teammates” as a punishment?

Some games are unwinnable, but a GM in Gold will undoubtedly stomp his way up the ladder.

2 Likes

this is the system that they claim is capable of assessing a player’s skill within a few games

if it takes 20 hours to reach one’s real rank then there’s also a problem

a 700 skill rating difference should never exist regardless of lucky or unlucky streaks

here’s another example, someone in a similar situation as me:

1 Like

its a team game yo…that means 6 people on each side working together

2 Likes

Not sure if you are implying that i ever claimed this. It takes at least 50-100 games for the system to figure out your true SR. This is literally my main argument against a hard Sr reset which so many people want.

No there isn’t. It’s literally the reason why after each season you just continue where you left off. 20h play time is nothing.

There are so many variables in this game due to its 6v6 design. This + inconsistency will easily lead to these swings every now and then.

Besides, if you just played on your main then “this issue” would no longer be an issue by next week. However, you refuse to do that because if you did you would have to accept the fact that the system is not at fault and that you are average at best. So we all know that’s not gonna happen.

2 Likes

i have 40 hours at least on this account played already this and last season combined. 35 hours on other account . not sure why you want me to play even more. i’ve never gone down to platinum once on this account throughout that time

40 hours should be more than enough

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And yet… It happens and that’s scary because they’re way way better than anyone else in the lobby.

I don’t know, dude. I play more ““casually”” right now. I still win plenty of games I shouldn’t win.

1 Like

There’s really nothing you can do about getting “terrible” teammates. Which could be people who don’t have a lot of time to play the game everyday or just have bad stretches of games which is highly likely from Diamond and down

2 Likes