Bronze 5 rank bug

I won 7 support games with 2 looses, and got bronze 5, so I won another 7 games, and still got bronze 5.

4 Likes

It appears many players are having this same issue. Type Overwatch 2 Bronze 5 Bug into google and see. Even gaming journalists have articles about it happening to them. After placements and another 7 wins, the game is actually trying to promote you by literally saying season progression, badge pops up - looks like its about to upgrade but it just stays the same. The whole sequence seems buggy. Like you get the shiny aesthetic over the badge like its upgrading but the number stays at 5.

Add this to the other bug - the season stats just not showing whatsoever. I have over 30 games (21+ wins) and my stats are not recording and I am still in B5. FeelsBadMan

There is scheduled maintenance Monday 12th, see if it gets a fix. There’s loads of bugs hopefully they are aware of this. I mean if it isn’t a bug, then the bare minimum is to change it aesthetically with a feature which is showing a denial of promotion, or some type of indicator showing that promotion was denied for such and such reason.

I mean its clearly a bug. However some are saying its all intentional. If this is the case (which it isn’t because its a bug) but just in the case that it is all intentional: the Billion dollar company needs to change the entire end of game aesthetic clearly and definitively showing an official denial of rank progression - because right now all it shows is a game trying to promote you only for it to glitch.

3 Likes

I also have this problem wtf

2 Likes

I also have this Problem. Im playing tank going 7-2 in my ranked matches and almost every round being better than the other tank still get placed bronze 5 like wtf. I hope they fix this and get people the rank they deserve. Dont want to grind from bronze 5 just to get put back in bronze 5 after 7 matches( Edit last season i was silver or smth)

1 Like

i have this problem too

I have the same problem. it’s quite annoying because i can’t play with my friends who are much higer than me which makes the game quite boring.

Same here, i got mvp all 7 wins, basically carry my whole team, and still got bronze 5