Broken Matchmaking System and Rank System in Overwatch 2

Dear Overwatch 2 community,

As an avid player of Overwatch 2, I have noticed some serious issues with the matchmaking system and the rank system that are making the game almost unplayable. I have been matched up against players who are several ranks higher than me, which makes the game feel unfair and unbalanced. This issue has caused me to lose interest in the game as it seems that the outcome of the match is based solely on luck.

Furthermore, the rank system is also flawed. For the second time, I have won 5 games(with 65% win rate overall) yet I remained the same rank. I am currently Gold 5 and I have been playing against players who are in the Platinum and Diamond ranks. This makes me feel like my efforts are not being recognized and my rank is not reflective of my skill level.

Additionally, I have noticed that matches in Overwatch 2 are extremely one-sided. It seems that you either get completely dominated or dominate the other team, there’s no middle term. This makes the game feel less enjoyable and frustrating, as it doesn’t allow for any chance of a comeback or close match.

I believe that these issues are not only frustrating for me but for other players as well. It is my sincere hope that the Overwatch 2 team will take action to address these issues and improve the overall gameplay experience for all players. If these issues persist, I fear that the game will lose even more players from the already dwindling player base.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Sincerely,
Silvatb17

2 Likes

sehr geerehtes OW team
ich werde seit einigen Wochen nicht mehr hoch geranked egal wie meine gut meine runden auch sind.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like