Bring back the Pink Mercy skin

Do you have legal precedent for this conclusion? Numerous games have controversies like this with “exclusives” coming around to their shops later, Fortnite and BlackOps4 comes to mind, and I’ve never heard of any legal case holding merit on the subject when it comes to people wanting to take legal action. To my knowledge, nearly all games craft their user agreements in a way to actually prevent you taking legal action. I’d love to know what you are basing this legal expertise on.

In fact, Officer D.Va and Oni Genji were HOTS exclusive skins that were made public (via loot boxes). Was there a legal case raised in this issue?

I’d also like to challenge you on the “never coming back” wording as it seems a little too presumptuous a thing for community moderators to promise people when they could just use a vague term like “exclusive” instead. “Exclusive” can mean a lot of different things after all. And I don’t challenge your claim because it would actually matter if they said it (they can take back promises like this any day they desired), but because it would be a ballsy thing for one department within a large company to assume as the kind of people that communicate this stuff to us don’t actually make those decisions.

1 Like

well i think they’re equally as good as one another if that makes sense- I guess its personal preference but atlantic mercy is definitely a big competitor to pink, but either way, i dont think pink is coming back. blizzard has this policy thing with skins like this so : /

i dont personally mind if pink comes back or not, i already own it, and i understand why people are upset they didnt get it, but i dont think its as much of a legal thing as it is like a trust thing with the player base… because blizzard does these exclusive skin things and are expected to only be exclusive? that and blizzard had to team up and collaborate and work with bcrf which requires a whole team of staff to arrange and what not and im not too educated on this part, but didnt blizzard just fire a whole bunch of employees because of issues? i think why were getting a cut back on cosmetics is because of that and also because theyre busy partnering with nintendo which is taking up all of their time… they’re just not prioritizing cosmetics right now unfortunately and they havent been for the entire year…i dont think pink is even on their mind in comparison to the issues with the game, and also their current partner with Nintendo.

1 Like

I think they have zero fear of any legal repercussions whatsoever, but agree with the rest. I don’t expect it to come back. Their public perception of the image it would create is probably reason enough for them to not bother. I disagree with the mentality of those who would complain, but acknowledge it could be too much of a headache.

I only really comment here (and enjoy seeing the threads on this topic arise on a monthly basis) because I’d like to see gaming move off this trend for the future, whether if effects old exclusives or not. Seasonal skins never have these issues and are easily as good at drawing income while giving people some enjoyment each year. It would be amazing to see charity events take on that same tone and the annual donations it would draw.

1 Like

No. Timed exclusive means timed exclusive.

3 Likes

Might as well never play Mercy again then. Every time I see a Mercy with that skin it just makes me feel even worse.

:pensive: im really sorry that’s your experience with her. were you at least able to get the sprays or icons?

No I wasn’t playing when Pink Mercy was released.

You should really look for an alternative way to get pink mercy if it is affecting you so bad

Don’t understand why they don’t, people want it, and are willing to pay the money for it. It’s basically people wanting to pay more money for a donation and a skin, I’m a little sad that people want it for the skin, and the help for this disease is more of an afterthought, but if it helps, I say, give the people what they want, or at least another charity skin.

3 Likes

PINK :clap: MERCY :clap: ISN’T :clap: COMING :clap: BACK. Stop making these threads already. You missed out. Get over it already omg.

1 Like

Don’t worry, next charity skin will be for testicular cancer research and you’ll have a chance of getting this awesome skin for Wrecking Ball. It’s called Wrecked Ball.

3 Likes

I don’t think there is another way. Even if they sold the skin for $2000 I’d still buy it.

Would be nice if we could use mods in ow, pretty sure we wouldn’t see this kind of thread anymore if mods were possible.

dood… Jeebus. Check out the interwebs, there are still ways to get it… though you may not be able to have it and all your other skins on the same account.

Wow…well…there are people who bought the skin just to resell it online for hundreds of dollars…while i think that intent is really scummy, its not my place to judge. If you look on amazon their are ppl selling the skin for around 900$+ (i saw one selling for 1300$) and possibly on ebay but only for xbox one. I havent seen any skins for psn or pc, ive only seen xbox one. If you do end up getting the skin in that way, you should at least donate the 15$ to bcrf imo but thats just me. Its your money. I really dont think that skin is worth your troubles. If you want it that bad you have to switch to xbox one and drop a lot of money.

Or just buy a pc account :woman_shrugging: besides it’s illegal

I’ll never stop pushing for Blizzard to bring back this skin. Everyone wants it back except those who are cruel– so let’s bring it back for charity again. And again. And again. :heart:

2 Likes

Well… I want a trillion dollar. :slightly_smiling_face:

It benefits a charity so why not. I’d be down for a Hammond/Winston animal shelter charity skin.

1 Like