Bring back “Heroes Never Die!”

Yes! I’ve wanted this forever. The voice line was just so perfect and iconic. It still fits the theme of her ult, if not better now that she’s trying to prevent the deaths in the first place.

1 Like

Is there away to choose “Gemeinsam kämpfen wir” for the enemy? I think it sounds cooler than “Helden sterben nicht”.

1 Like

Do you know if Mercy is on the table for any balance changes, Mr. Chu? I’m hoping that her current state is just a placeholder…

1 Like

Literally the best part of Mercy 1.0, really happy this is going through.

3 Likes

While I’m excited to read that Mercy’s classic voice line will be returning, I do not feel that it is in any way fitting for the Valkyrie ultimate. Simply put, Valkyrie’s healing is too weak to keep heroes from dying. The line made sense only for Resurrect, and should remain associated with Resurrect.

Ultimately, the Valkyrie rework was a mistake from the ground up and the whole thing should be reverted, not just the voice line.

28 Likes

While you’re at it, can you return Resurrection being instant during Valkyrie? Pretty please? :heart:

20 Likes

I got out of bed, ran over to the computer, and logged into the Forums just to “like” this post.

I’ve wanted this the moment it left, and now it’s going to be a reality. Thank you.

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I cannot wait until this is iterated.

Although, will you guys be scrapping the voice line “I will watch over you!” altogether, or will you be adding it to when she uses Resurrect?

1 Like

I’m not sure about the time frame it’ll go out, but we are going to switch Mercy’s Valkyrie ultimate to use her old lines, “Heroes never die!” and “Helden sterben nicht!” along with the skin variants. (And they won’t play when she uses Resurrect.)

presses q

Heroes never die!

Holds M1 while flying arround, enemy soldier ults, Murdering everyone

Sometimes i dont know why i even bother

26 Likes

Should just change that last line to her new ult line. Makes sense and perfectly fits her ult.

2 Likes

Uhh…

Really? Really?

Looks like you all are going to Valhalla, then. Sucks for me, I gotta drag your butts there. No revivals for you.

I jest, of course.

Gonna take some getting used to to say the least.

Til Valhalla, helter…

So no resurrection lines then, eh? Suffering in silence sounds fun.

2 Likes

Symm has 4 ultimate lines. Granted she has 2 ultimates

It’s only one syllable longer…

In the lore, The Witch is not Mercy. She is an antoganist in the Junkerstein story where he made a deal with her. Its not sure what the deal is but seeing Junkerstein “ressurected” a monster, it could be related. It could also be a deal for immortality from the Witch in return for their services - which connects to why the Reaper follows the Witch around. Hence the voiceline, “My servants never die”

1 Like

Well thats better, thank you! Do you think you could remove her huge rez spray since it’s no longer possible to do? Why have a spray for something you can no longer do?

2 Likes

Are her newer Legendary skins, after Valkyrie was introduced, going to get new variants of the voice line?

2 Likes

Would you all be able to keep the current voice lines for other skins? Such as, for the Combat Medic skin, have her use the initial “Valkyrie-kampfprozeduren aktiviert!/ Amplifying biotic stream!” and maybe with the Eidgenossin skin she’ll use the “Gemeinsam kämpfen wir!/ I will watch over you!” voicelines?

4 Likes

Some of the legendary skins—including Mercy’s witch- and viking-themed skins—do change the specific words, but you never hear two different lines from the same person in the same round. This is still a disadvantage—I know I die to many more RIP-Tires announced with “Get ready for a shock” than “Fire in the hole”—which is one of the reasons why skins are banned from tournament play.

Alternating between two lines would still be much worse than selecting a line based on the skin.

Michael, it would be awesome if you made Beachrat’s ult line to be “Cannonball!”

I know the voice line is already in the game files, please make use of it!

You guys still should have a line for her rezz something good along these lines to not make it feel lackluster, just add I will watch over you or you’re still needed to it or something.