Bring back “Heroes Never Die!”

Are her newer Legendary skins, after Valkyrie was introduced, going to get new variants of the voice line?

2 Likes

Would you all be able to keep the current voice lines for other skins? Such as, for the Combat Medic skin, have her use the initial “Valkyrie-kampfprozeduren aktiviert!/ Amplifying biotic stream!” and maybe with the Eidgenossin skin she’ll use the “Gemeinsam kämpfen wir!/ I will watch over you!” voicelines?

4 Likes

Some of the legendary skins—including Mercy’s witch- and viking-themed skins—do change the specific words, but you never hear two different lines from the same person in the same round. This is still a disadvantage—I know I die to many more RIP-Tires announced with “Get ready for a shock” than “Fire in the hole”—which is one of the reasons why skins are banned from tournament play.

Alternating between two lines would still be much worse than selecting a line based on the skin.

Michael, it would be awesome if you made Beachrat’s ult line to be “Cannonball!”

I know the voice line is already in the game files, please make use of it!

You guys still should have a line for her rezz something good along these lines to not make it feel lackluster, just add I will watch over you or you’re still needed to it or something.

Posts like this should be about to get liked 2 times. Thank you so much.

What about the classic voice line that was changed too soon :pensive::sleepy::sob:

"Peace of Kek!"

(Seriously though thanks, the original Heroes/Servants Never Die was iconic and the current version sounds like Mercy’s bored when you could’ve just removed the echo/reverb as it was no longer an Ult like you did with Till Valhalla/For a Price. Really wish Experience Nothingness comes back too.)

4 Likes

Please Mr.Chu, answer the people that asked if you’re gonna leave Mercy balance/rework as is ? I know she is pretty balanced right now but I find her very boring to play sadly. Even if you answer no, at least I know I don’t have to put my hopes up.

3 Likes

That is a very welcomed change since the new ult line was kinda boring, just nothing special.

But now I ask myself (again), when the interaction voicelines are about to get fixed finally. It is now over 1,5years that some are still broken.

2 Likes

This may be a stretch but while I greatly prefer “Heroes never die!” I also really love how “Gemeinsam kämpfen wir!” sounds vs “Helden sterben nicht!” Anyone else?

1 Like

Resurrect as an ultimate was part of this. I seriously hate this, that they’re just going to leave Mercy in this boring, soulless, no-skill state. Brilliant. ._.

6 Likes

I wouldnt mind a revert either lmao. Valkyrie is pathetic.

8 Likes

That ult was iconic but Jeff Kaplan already said they will not revert it. Drop it, don’t hopelessly ask for something that won’t happen (in a near future).

I agree that is best, so change the voice line back to “Heroes Never Die” and its variants!

She still says it yes, but its now just a common voice line with the umph taken out of it. Its kind of sad really.

1 Like

YES YES YES YES! YES!!! At least some of Mercy’s Soul and feeling of pizazz will return!

2 Likes

Jeff said they had no plan to revert it. Plans can change. I encourage everyone to continue demanding a Mercy revert because it’s what she needs, even if it’s not to be her final state. Resurrect should be her ultimate.

10 Likes

So… Beloved phrases going back as Valkyrie?
That would be kinda ironic.

3 Likes

“Resurrections never complete!”

or

“My ult… time for you to kill me!”

4 Likes

Or rather “My ultimate is up… Please, maybe use it this time?”

1 Like