I think ending dev support on stadium is a huge mistake. Even if only 6% of your player base plays, judging by daily averages, that’s still around 3k daily players. Most people don’t want to play stadium for one reason. Their main is NOT in it. I find myself wondering how cool Anran or Mizuki or even Mauga would be in here. I feel another reason for the player decline is due to some questionable changes, and there just not being enough content. Don’t just let the mode die. Make it rewarding to play! I love the free skin rewards. It’s also a reason I got back into OW after swearing it off. Sad it’s getting this treatment.
Bring back Google Stadi—uh ahem!
Overwatch Stadium!
Ahem!
Meow!
![]()
Get them working on new maps, coming up for reworks for sigma/ domina to remove the shield, sombra to remove invis for base game
I assume they made the decision that the time and money is not worth having so few people actually play it.
3% of the population play it. It’’s irrelevant. That’s the blunt truth.
They just had layoffs across all of Microsoft. People’s jobs are on the line. You ever think of that?
You think it’s a great idea to have an entire team put effort into a sub-product such as Stadium that nets no return? Great way to get people laid off.
Lets be honest here its 6% not 3% and even then that numbers been very deliberately taken after they messed around with the stadium systems so its naturally going to be lower
People don’t go “warming up” or anything like that in stadium, the 3% in QP will be almost exclusively in QP and the same for the comp mode
6% of their claimed users is still vastly more than many games will ever even aspire to have
No doubt.
But why do people not play it… maybe something to do with the hero pool, maybe something to do with downtime in spawn room, or match length… or maybe all the fun builds being gutted…. Or maybe some other reason.
Not hard to figure out the Devs only intention with stadium was to have something to show for all the pve content they “worked on” but never gave us.
They did this. No doubt.
They’ve been consistently releasing new heroes. People just don’t care about stadium. It’s a one-off mode tbh.
I blame the Bo7 people, and a little sprinkle of heroes weren’t getting added fast enough.
when they announced the Bo5 change traffic picked up heavy, but changed back because of the vocal minority crying about it on the forums and on SM.
Tried it once. Would never touch it again no matter what they did, and that updates and maps were done for stadium while the main mode, at the time, felt neglected, really ended any interest. It sucks to this shell of the PvE mode we once wanted, was always a mess
I warm up with a few QP matches to feel something out. I am most certainly not going into a comp match with a new build I haven’t tested either.