Bring back “Heroes Never Die!”

while ulting, her heals should be 85 or 90 up from 60.

It should be also only 70-80, but at least 70 >_>

This will be a little contradictory. Since this new ultimate is all about flying e watch your whole team die.

You think that is badass? The enemy Mercy shouting “Mir stirbt keiner weg!” was way more alarming and intimidating than that…
Okay she only said that in the German version of the game but it still was way better than “Gemeinsam kämpfen wir!”.

This is at least a reason to use her Ultimate. Now we only need a better Ult in terms of gameplay, you know… something which is actually fun and impactful.

But still cool stuff :+1:

3 Likes

They probably will still have lines, such as the “get back into the fight!” and “We still need you!” lines, just not her casually saying “heroes never die.”

People, we should all know by this point that Valkyrie isn’t an ultimate to deny burst damage, that’s Sound Barrier and Transcendence’s function…
Valkyrie doesn’t deny burst damage, but its healing is strong enough to prevent pickoffs for 15 seconds. Your team gains a lot of force to push and the enemy team loses the same as well. That’s why “Heroes Never Die” actually makes some sense.

It makes me sad that a lot of people are still stuck with Mercy’s resurrection rather than her utility/mobility power. Old Rez won’t comeback and instant Rez on Valkyrie will probably not, since it enables a cheap and strong tactic that we all saw on Mercy pre-nerf: ulting after a trade.

Anyway, I think that "Gemeinsam kämpfen wir!” sounds better than “Helden sterben nicht!” and it fits better the situation (it means “We fight together!”).

3 Likes

That’s great! Can Mercy’s new Phoenix Skin get “Rise from the Ashes!” then? I think it is very appropriate. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That’s very amazing, Michael. Thank you for sayings for Mercy about “Heroes never die” and also “My servants never die” I’m never known about saying this quote.

Dont forget Winged Victory as they may add the new voiceline post-Rework “Onwards to Victory”

4 Likes

Why do i get a feeling they are changing this to remove resurrect?

They’re probably not done tweaking rez. They also don’t have a video for the current rez in mercy’s hero info.

Ah yeah, I remember “Mir stirbt keiner weg!” I always liked that one a lot too.

Oh my gosh yes, yes, yes, death from excitement

Til Valha–

Oh wait a minute…

Th-this isn’t the ultimate I was hoping for! S-sorry!

Proceeds to fly around killing things Die, die, die!

I’ll be more helpful killing things I hope. Yes, that’s it. I’m no longer grounded to resurrect the fallen! After all, Valhalla is nice, shame they want revived.

Oh well.

I like the idea. It’ll take getting used to, as I’ve said before, but it’ll be nice to save a piece of her for our museum.

4 Likes

Good bliz, goood…revert her…Revert her now! Do it!

7 Likes

Yep, and those are returning soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about null sector bastion’s ult voice line? Have you guys considered putting it in? Or would it be too confusing, or not put in since it’s only a purple skin.

1 Like

Agreed. Much and all as I loved it, Mercy’s old ult should just stay dead instead of them bringing it back halfway like this. Just rubs salt in the wound tbh :frowning:

I have the same horrible feeling. If they remove Heroes Never Die from the ability it has always been used for, they might as well remove the ability altogether. Which definitely shouldn’t happen.

1 Like

I feel like this is really unfitting for the ult she has now though, as Valkyrie doesn’t guarantee that your teammates will stay alive. Also, why are they only listening to Mercy mains now? Why are they listening to them over a voice line, and not when they complained about the rework six months ago?

Enough with the Mercy changes already. I know this is only a voice line, but it’s still a change nonetheless. Either revert her to Mercy 1.0 or leave her the way she is. No inbetween (which is what this voice line change seems like to me). “Heroes Never Die” has always been associated with Mercy’s rez, so if they separate that voice line from that ability they might as well remove rez. Which I really wouldn’t like them to do.

8 Likes