Brig's Health pack thingies suck

That’s why she also has repair packs.

Wow, are you missing the context of this entire post or something?

They don’t suck and are pretty strong

1 Like

I should’ve known better than to spark up a conversation on these damned forums, lol.

Alright, y’all do yourselves in, you either don’t read or don’t care. Not worth trying to reason with you guys anymore

Yeah the context is pretty lame.

“I don’t like to turn around to heal. Can I heal with an auto jetpack cat?”

As a support you should be constantly looking around for teammates who need assistance. This is especially important for Brigitte since she’s great a peeling the other support. A tunnel versioned Brigitte who does w+m1 is a bad Brigitte .

Don’t be a bad Brigitte .

2 Likes

Ok, I’m going to try to stop talking now, bye.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Personally, I think it would be better if it gave instant heal of 110 again but the same amount it gives currently.

110 heals in 2 seconds is literally just mercy heals for two seconds. Idk. Just personal opinion I guess

1 Like

Brig’s packs are literal Mercy pocket levels of healing that you can throw to your flanker across the entire point. When Brig got pack, she literally replaced Mercy/Zen in their own niche…

In what world do they suck? Maybe you just suck at timing them, or maybe your target priority isn’t great

3 Likes

Other Supports like Zen, Ana, Bap have other things to worry about, like hitting their shots constantly. Mercy is less mechanical demanding so she too is constanrltlt spinning around to look at her team just like Brig (except for pocketting playstyle.) And Lucio while wall riding will also have to look back to check on teammate’s HP and the othee Support to peel/heal.

So it’s not awkward at all for a Support player to look at their teammates from time to time. It s just the bare minumum requirement

You’re missing the point. The reason it is awkward is because of Brig’s unique support playstyle. She’s not always in the backline side by side with Ana or whoever. She’s up front or just behind tanks. So it makes it awkward for Brig (specifically) to have to do that.

And Mercy doesn’t have to worry about throwing out CC or peeling at all, Brig does.

No i dont miss your point. Like i already said, as Support i like to keep tab on my team HP bar, doesnt matter if they are in front of me or in the back, and it doesnt matter whether i play Ana or Brig. It s just bare minimum requirement, so i dont find it even awkward 1 bit.

And beside, tanking the frontline is Tank job, not Brig, 1 inspire procc and your job there is done for several seconds, it s not hard to check on the others

I think your concern is only true for people who tend to tunnel vision in just one direction all game.

1 Like

Well then I’ll chalk it down to different playstyles.
But I can get a helluva lot more done if I’m using my abilities to disrupt the frontline rather than just slap em once and do nothing.

Personally, repair pack usage is literally like any other support.

DPS and tank players love to flank people. Even Baptiste/Moira mains. Therefore, as a support your almost always having to deal with people trying to hit you form the side where your forced to defend yourself (particularly with teammates not counter picking flankers).

As a result, you are constantly having something in your face you try to do damage against, then try to get in some healing from time to time being shot. Brig doing melee, then like doing some 180deg repair pack is not that uncommon. Its even more akin to units like Lucio/Zen who have constant management not just once every 6 seconds. If you keep awareness its not that big of a deal.

The only thing about her that is disengaged is how 20m whip shot and repair back are just frequent enough that she can get away without needing to be in melee range.

Finally,a decent take

There’s a certain flow to Brig that you get once you spend enough time on her and you get high enough to feel it. You’re in the middle of swirling combat, moving around, timing your shielding to absorb the main bulk of a Tracer’s clip (don’t block the whole thing you’re just wasting your barrier), swinging your melee attack while predicting and timing your Whip Shot to hit just where you think she’s going to blink, and then you hear a teammate call out for healing behind you.

You throw in Repair Pack into your rotation, making a 180, taking note of where your ally is (typically via the large red indicator), tossing your pack, then swinging back around, all in less than a second.

It’s essentially akin to a rotation in an MMORPG, only you can’t just hit tab to auto target things without looking at them.

1 Like

If your playstyle prevents you from playing Brigitte optimally, that’s a you problem.

She shouldn’t be changed to fit your playstyle.

1 Like

Isn’t that the majority of Genji’s ultimate? 180s and spatial awareness?

I like supports that have to multitask. Having to jump mid-clip between Bap’s bullets and nades is fun, and difficult to optimize. I don’t see Brig’s playstyle as awful different.

Mercy yes/Zen no.

Zen got played anyways

preferably brig would be baby sitting her ana or zen, NOT on the front line next to the tanks