Brigitte's shield and Set Max Health behaviour

While playing as Brigitte her shield’s HP doesn’t change when a “Set Max Health” action is executed. But if you play as a different hero, “Set Max Health” to, say, 300 and then change hero to Brigitte, her shield will have 3x more HP. Reinhardt doesn’t work that way, his shield always changes whenever “Set Max Health” actions are executed. How come and why Brigitte doesn’t work like Rein?

1 Like

Thats an intresting question, i don’t wanna sound like these guys, but they seem to be right, in general gamer terms here in OW and not mainly by workshoppers and modders, its said Brigitte is just broken, but also broken in that regard makes me really sad at some extent but also wonder as you too how it happens to become that way, maybe a question for an upcoming FAQ!

3 Likes

i dont know, it’s very weird. but for your solution all you have to do is go to her manual and set her mad health to a specific % (240% for 599/600 shield hp) and then go in the workshop and make an action putting her max health to a % that’s not 1 (if you want a 599/600 shield then set the action to 17%) and bam.

Not gonna work for me I’m afraid. My mode is basically normal OW, but with size change abilities where every hero has 6 possible sizes which change during gameplay. And at every size the Max health varies along with other stats of course. Her not having a beefy shield while she’s big might be acceptable more or less, because she’d still have huge health of her own, but the most ridiculous situation might be if a player gets big as one hero, then changes to Brig and gets small. Then you’d have a tiny Brig with a very beefy shield.

can you give me your code? i can probably help you fix this issue

The code is JMEFW. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i see what your trying to do. i dont think this is fixable because she doesn’t act like reinhardt. i’m sorry :confused:

Presses ultimate key with 100% Ult charge while Rally is already active
Abilities: So you want another Rally, be right back.

The devs made sure to make every ability feel unique in that regard.

Seems we won’t find any suitable explaination in which way she may not be broken :()?

3 Likes

I don’t think so…
Unless we consider stuff like passives.

Then be it so, i’am slightly just disappointed that Blizzard keep us from just for custom games, the possibility to modify some heroes properly, to showcase whats possible, and may the Devs couldn’t see for some reasons, as it is possible to do and fix some stuff with it closely, away. TBH if they think by design principles that Brigitte is just fine for their prefered game its fine for me and wouldn’t actually care they still work on heroes for this game in the end after all be it positive or negative, but as the custom game and workshop lacks at some functionalities like hero settings modfication, Blizzard misses an oportunity in my eyes.

3 Likes

I have 3 things on mind to this.

1. Be happy with what you have without making another Dota.

Why would someone have another Dota, are you happy wih what you got? If not what would makes you happy? What are the other 2 things you tried to express?

Because too much freedom would allow for potential harm of the property in the property.
Happy yes, I got 2000h out of my $60 and even got into something that I didn’t relate to the game itself as I bought it.
Which is what the Workshop allows me to do with the game.
Sure, more Workshop stuff would be nice but, after all it’s something that wasn’t plan of the ‘original’ Overwatch idea.

The other 2 things exist.
nudge

1 Like

That would require more description or definitions from your perspective which or what potential may harm it if more freedom may be given, what if we won’t granted morefreedom but adjusted forms of already existing parts :o? Least is what may be one of the infinite outputs be like and Blizzard is working on for plenty years wha do you think, but at this point we may engulf this thread design principles may be discussed in another enviroement i bet we all would agree to that regard. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t think that matters.
The Workshop Posting Guidelines don’t include anything that would make us breaking them or refer to the CoC which also releases us from the

• Don’t derail topics.

thingy.
But this is Blizzard with their vague and open for interpretation rules so the CoC might as well apply here, depending on which Forum moderator we find reading this post.

1 Like

You smoke to much weed °_°, give us back the philosopher stone, or is this heat, this summers heat roast the brains

True, but at least we got there a small glimpse of freedom if so :slight_smile:

But i have nothing, its the only thing i have :() i won’t give it back, stop stalking me and no i don’t smoke or take drug wtf…, and about the summer weather i’am glad it got cooler now than the last week in my country at least.

1 Like

That was an intonnation to raise up the geekyness it shouldn’t sound rude or offending, and comon a bit of cringyness won’t harm you after all, with dear respect :heart:.

I guess I’ve figured out a PARTIAL solution, but I’m not sure if it won’t be too taxing on the server load. Seems like Brigitte’s shield HP is only affected by “Set Max Health” if it’s done BEFORE spawning. So… Create a player variable “MaxHealth” and always store the desired Max Health value there for each player. Then create 3 rules:
Player died - Action: Set Max Health 100
Ongoing each player - Conditions: Is in spawn room=True, Action: Set Max Health 100
Ongoing each player - Conditions: Is in spawn room=False, Action: Set Max Health [Player variable “Max health”]

That way Max Health is always reset BEFORE respawning, whether by dying or entering spawn room to change hero. When resurrected by Mercy the actual desired Max Health can be retrieved from the player variable “MaxHealth”. This won’t change Brigitte’s shield during gameplay, but will prevent from respawning as Brigitte with a beefy shield gained from previous hero’s Max Health value. Quite a fuss, considering it’s JUST for Brigitte’s shield issue.

3 Likes