Brigitte stuns and ultimate denial

Since Brigitte has a 5 sec melee PBAoE CD stun on roughly the same range that McCree’s 10 sec short range AoE has, I think it might be fair to revert or at least consider some change to the ‘hitting the ult button immediately spends your ultimate gauge’ patch that was made a year+ ago.

There wasn’t the sheer amount of stuns and incapacitating abilities that there were back then, and it’s starting to feel like the typical Blizzard problem across all their games that crowd control gets overpowered when used correctly and chained. Having your characters constantly stunned or knocked back or jostled in a 1st person camera is pretty disorienting, and frankly not that fun when you constantly feel like you can’t do anything about it.

It’s practically impossible to ult on some characters anymore with Brigitte being the new character in every match.

In short: There’s starting to be CC creep, ults feel worthless when you really need them due to constant denial on short cooldown, whiffed ults due to cc are becoming too common and unavoidable.

Stand at least 6m away from Brigitte before pressing Q.

1 Like

Doomfist have like 3 sec cd on his charge and it can stop ults too and stun you (or even kill what brig cant do in that time)

Read my suggestions here:

This is following Blizzards philosophy of wanting players to make meaningful choices. If you choose to ult with a Brig alive and up then that’s your choice. Dive the ginger min, take her out and then ult. This choice is no different than Genji holding a blade till you bait out a Transcendence.

Rocket Punch cd is 4 sec

Thx, i try not to play this thing so i was not sure what cd it is.

Stuns aren’t new to OW, and frankly any of the problems you’d have with Brig, you’d have with other heroes that can stun. Just do what everyone has been doing since day 1. Either kill the hero with the stuns, ult out of range, or use them after they’ve used their stun.

Ult denial is a good thing since it not only encourages better play, but also more strategy on both ends.

Doomfist has no shield protecting him should he punch into you to stop an ult. Brig can just waltz up to you and stun you, knock you a mile away and then wave as she’s safe.