Brigitte long jump and shatter discussion

I have two topics related to Brigitte that I want to discuss here.

The first of these being her “new ability” to shield bash and carry the momentum by using her flail shot to cancel it. The first question on this I have is: “Is this an exploit that should be removed/banned from use?” My answer (uh-oh an opinion) would be no, it should not be removed from the game, my reasoning is that many hero’s (particularly Doomfist and Moira) use jumping to carry momentum from abilities such as DF’s rocket punch or Moira’s fade. But Brigitte is using her shield bash AND her flail shot for her movement leaving her pretty vulnerable afterwards. I guess a way to reword the question would be: “Why is Brigitte carrying momentum that uses two abilities considered overpowered, compared to other hero’s carrying it using only one?” A counter argument for removing it could be: “Brigitte is not a mobile hero, so it should be removed.” and I can see the reasoning here, but there are other non-mobile hero’s that can jump to carry momentum from abilities.

The second topic is her shield vs shatter, my evidence here is all from experience in my comp/qp games, I have not tested anything to be 100% fact so please take this with a grain of salt.
Sometimes, Brigitte can’t block earthshatter with her shield, so I have to change how I play her when the enemy rein has shatter because no matter how well I read the rein and put up my shield, I still get stunned, I’ll probably do some testing on it sometime, but it’s really annoying to read someone and get punished for it.

She can block shatter, she can also block D.Va, McCree, and other ultimates than can be blocked by a shield.

As for her jump, it’s fine. I can’t stand Brigitte, but it’s fun to do and removes both of her offensive abilities, so it’s more to finish off a retreating opponent

2 Likes

Because those other heroes were built around mobility. This tech lets brig enter areas that only flankers can enter, and she is a much deadlier flanker than Moria.

2 Likes

This is a fair point.

But is using both of Brigitte’s primary damage abilities worth the added mobility she gets? It isn’t using one and having the other to bail, also the tech does not give any vertical mobility aside from the standard spacebar jump, so she can’t take highground with it, some routes she can get to yes, but her cooldowns will be active making the effective use of the tech very situational.

1 Like

Ummm, what are your talking about? Brigitte CAN block Reinhardt Shatter, who told you she can’t?

Let me clarify, I should’ve been more clear. From my experience, I have held my shield up in front of Reinhardt when I knew he had earthshatter, I knew he would use it so I stayed within shield bash range but far enough away so that he couldn’t go through my shield, he used it and I got stunned through my shield even though I was far enough away from him and my shield was up, it’s happened to me quite often in different situations so I might just be unlucky.

Brigitte is supposed to block Shatter, and judging from what you said I can confirm that it was a bug with Earth Shatter itself not Brigitte. Shatter was and still a buggy mess, that’s why it went through your shield.

Ok, I edited the main post to clarify that it doesn’t happen every time, but even if it only happens 10% of the time, that’s still a gamble every time I play against a rein with shatter.

DF is supposed to be mobile. He is a flanker, he was made to do crazy jumps. Brig was made to brawl and somtimes flank. This lets her become a slower but tanky af doomfist.

Routes she was never intended to take, which is the problem.

1 Like

What is Blizzard response for this bug? Abusers will be banned? It is a feature?

It has been fixed on PTR to my knowledge

2 Likes

This is an annoying thing with shields and Earthshatter. It can even go under Reinhardt shields head-on. It’s really unreliable.

Who exactly? I can only think about Soldier’s rocket-jump, but he isnt really an inmobile hero. Neither is Widow, the fact that they both have abilities for mobility should be enough proof.