Brigitte Gameplay Q&A with Geoff Goodman

Does Brigette share her godfather’s fascination with Hasselhoff?

3 Likes

Do you think Brigitte is the hero neccesary to have heroes like Torbjorn and Reinhardt see more play?

Asking the real questions here

3 Likes

How are new heroes handled by a performance based SR gain/loss?

1 Like

Since the release of Brigittem, is the next anime short is focus on Trob? or is it zen?

1 Like

The short answer is Yes and Yes!

Reinhardt was one of our first heroes and he mostly just worked for us right away. In retrospect a lot of that was because of his shield which allows him to have another thing to do other than trying to constantly melee enemies.

Genji originally started as a hero that only had his sword, and he was going to be our second melee hero. We ran into huge problems trying to get him to work in the game like that, which is why we eventually gave him shurikens and made the melee his ultimate instead.

47 Likes

Expanding on this, are you guys still looking into Doomfist?

1 Like

That’s very interesting to hear indeed. This is for the Genji part.

1 Like

How will Ana be able to deal with Divers better now that Briggite and Moira have an easy time!? :raised_hands:

Has the team considered any healers that would fit in the tank category? Like a healer with a 400 health pool, or do you feel like that would be too much?

Lucio as a tank.
I have a mighty need

I think the goal for us is to always provide as much diversity as we can, in all aspects of the game! We don’t want to just make hybrid supports going forward, as some players really enjoy focusing heavily on a single role and it makes the potential group compositions much more interesting to have options.

I’m interested to hear what people want to see though! We’re always listening and trying to respond and react to what people are really wishing for.

31 Likes

Long range tank for those of us who are allergic to standing in front and getting shot at?

5 Likes

melee dps concept=https://i.imgur.com/qPBQEYG.png
pls check this out …if this will be too op or weak ingame

Orisa?

20 characters

6 Likes

Doomfist is still buggy has hell and each update seemingly brings new bugs. Add to the fact that he is just not viable with his huge handicaps (all damage on cooldown including his primary fire, large hitbox, mobility/damage tied to the same cooldowns, hard countered by several heroes to the point that he can barely fight back) and he is a lackluster hero by any stretch. Are there are plans to look into how DF can be tuned just a little bit to make him more viable?

2 Likes

Honestly want to hear more about Torb and Sym reworks this week.

Like Is Torb getting a jetpack and is Sym becoming like Mercy?

Could you give any hints as to what you might be planning for their buffs?

8 Likes

Is there any chance of a reworked comp system any time soon?

Reaper buffs?! Someone go wrote to Gabe, Ana needs her Right Hand Man back!

1 Like