Brigitte Experimental Changes are Horrible and Scary for Support Players

This needs to stop ASAP! Blizzard do you see that OW players are having less and less fun playing Support and Tank roles with each passing day? When will this stop??

You removed one thing that made Brigitte viable, one thing that was left of her and that is her armor! Only thing you did right was adding 50 health to her shield BUT you had to nerf shield regeneration AND worst change of them all cooldown to her shield if it’s destroyed from 3 to 5 seconds! 5 seconds cooldown for 250 health shield! 5 seconds!

She needs her old self-healing and inspire back!

It’s pretty clear by now that Brigitte was a mistake that you made, since day one! You CLEARLY don’t know what to do with this character anymore. And after all the years in the industry this is just embarrassing!

280 Likes

I think it’s cool that they keep changing her, at least they know she’s an issue.

39 Likes

She gets a buff to her shield, but if she mismanages the shield then she can be more easily punished. Seems fair enough, in fact I would argue this type of change should be made to all shields.

14 Likes

Nah that’s just objectively wrong. I’m a support player and honestly reading these patch notes sooooo good

37 Likes

50 more health to her paper 200 health shield… Wow what a buff!! Thanks Blizzard!

92 Likes

Right, shame on them they should just not buff her at all. She’s not supposed to be tanking that much damage with her shield you know.

3 Likes

these changes are great

no genji reverts? no need to play overwatch for another week

16 Likes

You’re clearly not a Brig main if you’re making statements like that.

6 Likes

I think the nerfs aren’t that big. If Brig had Rein’s shield then the regeneration nerf would be huge but her shield has only 250 HP.

1 Like

A 5 second punishment? Come on that just sounds awful

48 Likes

Personally I think the brig changes aren’t even that bad. It only really changes who you use rp on, as instead of using on dps for the armour you can use it on dive tanks with natural armour and IMO it’s just better for them due to the small amount of armour it used to give relative to the health pool. It’s still a very powerful defensive and offensive cooldown but it likely feels less oppressive to a lot of people

6 Likes

They’re experimental, chill out

6 Likes

Then manage your shield better. I think the shield change is good and should be implemented to all shields. Mismanagement of shields should be punished more harshly.

As for the pack changes it feels like it doesn’t change much during the middle of a fight, but it changes her impact before the fight begins. This is a little weird considering that the only value a Brig brought to her team before the teamfight was her armor packing a dive hero to preemptively stop damage, now all she can do is maybe proc inspire off of a whipshot? I’ll have to play more games and see.

4 Likes

They won’t be merely experimental if people don’t speak up…

39 Likes

Yeah but people need to try out the card before calling it “horrible and scary”.

3 Likes

untrue, im a support player and these changes are ridiculously good. please shut your mouth in regards of balance, if you think brigitte was fine.

8 Likes

Where are the changes listed? Or is it only listed in game?

Only listed in game. There are vague patch notes up right now, but they don’t give numbers.

1 Like

Brig hp with shield included: 500
Brig hp with Rally and shield included: 600
Ana/zen/bap/lucio/moira/mercy hp (Without ults): 200

5 Likes

This mindset is what happens when you sniff glue.

4 Likes