Brigitte could have had a Longsword

read about this before and her original design had her with sword and shield. i do like how they went flail tho, still a mace would have been better to depict the Cleric class from D&D. still the flail is basically almost a mace but an improved version and its cool how brigitte weapons looks like a mace but has a mechanism that extends it to be a flail

it is funny how in old D&D rules (2nd edition and former) clerics could only use blunt weapons or non-edge ones. still really i think i rather be cut then bludgeoned to death. still the same lol… you end up dying horribly

here is an old depiction of a female cleric

h ttps://imgur.com/a/1ekf0hz

also here is a good video about weebs vs neckbeards.

the katana vs. the longsword

1 Like

Flail is better. You can already find Longswords everywhere in media. What brigette has is pretty uncommon and feels unique to the character.

2 Likes

Yup, the mace/flail is way better and more suited to her personality. Brig just doesn’t seem the slashy sword type.

And while I like them, swords are overrated in general. Polearms are where its really at.

1 Like

“Byleth ptsd intensifies”

Sword, Mace, Flail – I feel like in either direction, they would have made it function the same since the devs didn’t completely lock down ‘melee heroes’ just yet

Brigitte probably would have ended up with one of those ‘segmented whip swords’ that I love to see or a rocket mace (and probably still could in a future skin, like Axe Reinhardt) that can still hit enemies at range