Brigitte camera turn bug! (NOT Resolved on PTR or Live)

Hi! I’m a Lucio/Brigitte/Zenyatta/Moira main. While playing Brigitte, I get a frequent but inconsistent bug where my camera suddenly turns about 45 degrees or more, counter-clockwise Edit: either direction.
For a long while, I thought it was just my mouse acting up. However, while I was playing Overwatch with a group of people yesterday, someone playing Brigitte was talking about the same exact problem I was having in the voice chat. I knew it couldn’t have just been a coincidence.
As I thought about it, this problem only happened to Brigitte. It happened more frequently when trying to Shield Bash. (Edit: It happens to Reinhardt for me, too!)
Perhaps this bug is from my hardware? I do play with an integrated graphics card on my Surface Pro 4 with all graphics on low or off.

The clip below is a PotG pre-Shield Bash nerf with Brigitte. The bug is shown as soon as the playback starts after the highlight intro. It’s hard to notice when you aren’t the one playing.
Our team was pushing out towards the enemy spawn, and I was not intending to walk back into the building. My camera did that.
Brigitte camera bug (Map: Nepal Sanctum)

If I get a better clip to show it off, I’ll post it. This bug’s been interrupting my gameplay for a long while, so hopefully I can find some answers…

EDIT: More Examples of the bug:

1. Brigitte camera turn bug 2 (After first Shield Bash nerf) (Map: King’s Row) at 0:13, Quick Play
  2. Brigitte camera turn bug 3 (After first Shield Bash nerf) (Map: Numbani) at 0:14, Total Mayhem
  3. Brigitte camera turn bug 3 (After first Shield Bash nerf) (Map: Rialto) at 0:12, Competitive

EDIT: UPDATE! It appears that it happens to me with Reinhardt, too!
EDIT: One final update? August 29 Overwatch PTR Patch Notes has highlighted the bug for both Brigitte and Reinhardt! Woot! I still have yet to test them on PTR, but maybe I will soon.
EDIT: Another update. It appears that the shield turn bug is still happening on PTR. I made a highlight of it but forgot to save it after I exited the game, so it’s not there anymore, and I can’t upload it.

3 Likes

I have the same bug. It seems random, because I don’t have to hit an other command or anything to trigger it. Like my camera snaps at various 45-90 degree angles to the left when I’m just walking. But only with the shield up.
I get the same bug with Rein.

1 Like

After this post, I ended up playing a lot of Reinhardt with some friends this past week. The bug happened a few times with him, too. It messed up my ability and ultimate placements sometimes. So, I can attest to your post. I was considering taking this post down when I realized that it didn’t happen to only Brigitte, but if this bug is exclusively for the two shield wielders, then maybe it has to do with their tech. I’ll be more proactive in getting those highlights, then.

I still think it might be hardware-related too, unless you have a more powerful computer. What do you use to play Overwatch, and what do you have your graphics settings set to?

seen this problem w both brigitte and rein as well! definitely related to their shields, it’s only ever happened to me with shield up. haven’t been able to figure out yet if it’s random or if there’s another specific trigger tho.

i play on a dell xps 8700 w an nvidia geforce gt 720, all my gfx are set to low / off as well.

1 Like

YESSS I have this exact same issue, with both Rein and Bri…it occurs especially when I use Brigitte’s whip shot. It gets so frustrating when I see a golden opportunity to use whip shot, but then my camera suddenly spins me around so I just whip shot into nobody at all. lol

1 Like

same bug at least 3 times per game

I played Brigitte quite a bit on PTR today. I read in a different forum post that the bug wasn’t fixed (I forgot where). I can attest that this was true. The bug is still happening on PTR, unfortunately.

I have kind of a megathread for this bug. If you have any videos or highlights with it after v1.28 please upload them (You can use gfycat.com or youtube.com ) and i will add them to the thread.