Brig 1.0 would be not OP at all in 2-2-2. Change my mind

Bring back Brig 1.0 (or at least the version before the rework) with just some nerfs. She would not be OP in the 2-2-2 cuz she was only good when she had 2 supports next to her. BUT AT LEAST she was fun because you could deal with the flankers and survive but now she is just another healbot. Doomfist, Tracer literally eat her for breakfast.

I’m not saying that Brig now cannot be viable but she is nearly not as much fun as she used to be. That Brawling close range support who can protect herself. I’d rather play her with less overall healing output but much more fun and much better surviving.

So Bring back Brig 1.0 but ofc some understandable nerfs / bugs which had to come (the other nerfs were to only nerf GOATs i think):

1. Shield Bash cooldown increased to 7s;
  2. Rally max armor reduced from 150 to 100;
  3. Shield Bash trades knockdowns (ie, Rein and ​Doomfist);
  4. Shield Bash can’t go through barriers;
  5. Shield Bash damage reduced from 50 to 5.
  6. Shield health reduced from 600 to 500;
  7. Rally Armor is now blocked by Barriers.
  8. Rally Armor stays for only 30 sec.
  9. And ofc without the “bugs” that with she could do the super jump and the dash, shift flying mobilitiy combo.
    10.And ofc without the Shield meele cancelling. (you could kill a 200 HP target in 1 sec, cancelling your meele with your shield)
    Every other nerf was to only nerf GOATs. If 2-2-2 would have been added like 3-4 months after the release of Brigitte, she wouldn’t have been nerfed this much in my opinion.

So basically i’d be happy with the old Brig before the rework. I’d be curious to find out how to make that Brig work in the 2-2-2 cuz i’m sure that she wouldn’t be OP at all but at least a fun support who can survive on her own and deal with some flankers.
(I like aiming more than anything, and i’m used to be heavily against no aim abilities but with Moira getting nerfed, there won’t be any support who could deal with the flankers or have a strong survivability. Baptiste immortality breaks in 2 sec, a good Tracer can easily play around it. And at least when people tried to play Brig outside of GOATs you actually had to use your brain, her playstyle was kinda similar to Rein, i loved it.)

So change my mind, but pls do it with reasoning and not just “shut up, Brig is fine now”.

Just another “change my mind” thread, nothing to see here folks, move it along.

12 Likes

Plenty of dps can deal with flankers and more than survive. If you want to be something that put up a good fight instead of a “healbot”, queue as a “damagebot”

But couldn’t we have a support who at least could survive on her/his own?

Brig is the most balanced she has been and doesn’t need any changes, the people who play her need to make changes to their play style.

How about you change my mind because there are statistics I can use to back up my argument

Mmmmm! The original “problem” with brig is that she allowed other supports to play without getting instantly deleted back when 222 was just a meme and then as average players learned how to properly play support, good players figured out you could use 3 supports and just…not die. Especially when the most popular dps heroes (Genji and tracer) weren’t effective against Brigitte but dummies kept using them against her demanding nerfs.

And thus a new meta was born.

As the

Like i said. She is a healbot now. We had more than enough healbots in this game, but we barely had any supports who has a strong selfhealin, survivability, or tankiness. :slight_smile: Like i said, if you would have read my whole post: Brig is balanced now, i didn’t say she is not, but her playstyle is so boring compare to the previous.
A strong tanky support with meele weapon with good selfheal who could deal with flankers, that’s why we fall in love with Brig.

Healers with high survivability and easy damage use (Moira and Brig), despite being good to deal with flankers, they just have proven to have a tendency for low effort good value in the damage side, in other words they were preferable to have on your team than a DPS, cause they are like a DPS with better healing utility.

Moira were more balanced than old Brig in this aspect because she is squishier, has a direct mouse healing ability and no utility than raw healing or damage.

Healers in general play behind teammates giving their damage and healing contributions.
Old Brig was the only healer who played ahead of them, chasing people down to damage and offer inspire as an automatic healing. A character good to peel on the back line is also a character good to secure kills in the front line, unless you keep them occupied in the back line healing (which is Moira’s case, but was not Brig’s case).

But again, she could only do it cuz she had 2 supports next to her. With only one support next to her in 2-2-2 she would be play how she meant to be: A bodyguard from the flankers for the other main support and sometimes helps on the frontline with some boops and stuns. You literally should play in the center of your team to do both (Duuhh that’s why she has an AoE healing). And if she just rushes in like she used, she would get bursted easily without 2 supports healing her.

Brig’s initial release is a mistake and possibly the worst move made by the development team. Im no way, under any circumstances should the abomination that is launch Brig be in Overwatch ever.

3 Likes

That’s just how you play her now also. Mid line, behind teammates.
They gutted her sustainability so she has more risk for going front line ahead, but was given more healing on exchange.

What defines a good Brig player or not now is Whip Shot. If you land them on a regular basis you trigger inspire from behind teammates and get to keep good position to use the packs, if you miss them regularly you gotta risk going ahead engaging someone to swing your flail to trigger it and sacrifice your mid line positioning (which is worse for pack usage).
Well, if there are any flankers good for you too cause you get to keep positioned close to your teammates to deal with them.

So, is this a low quality bait or just stupid OP? I’m not sure

Yeah but you die too easily, your shield breaks in 1 sec and like i said: you are just a healbot now…I’d rather have her as a second support with less healing output but stronger survivability like she used to be. We have enough healbots in this game already. Ohh and some players could make her work only cuz of double shield meta. With barriers going away, her shield break from one Widow shot, and she will be left there without protection, or any mobility or stun. She will just straight up die.

lets see what armor changes do to her, but shes a bit wonky to play, to do dmg you need to be up close, but to heal you have to either turn around or be behind your team… makes no sense , she should get different weapon IMO

Yeah. xdd I’d just be happy about the Brig before the 2-2-2. That Brig was nerfed enough yet still much more fun than this healbot Brig.

Fun is subjective, there will be a lot of people coming here to tell you that they find new Brig fun as well.

If anything, duo to homogenization after 222, devs seems to guarantee that all supports get the squish feeling and not able to engage full health tank and kill them easy, like a tanky-DPS can.

If you look at this like this: We had already squishy healbots but we don’t really have anyone with good survivability neither anyone who can deal with flankers. Then should we keep the only support who can do that or just rework her to become another squishy healbot?

Brig before the rework in August should have stayed, would not be OP at all, would be pretty hard to do any good healing, yet at least you wouldn’t die every 15 sec.

Exactly.

Tracer was more fun in 2016.
Revert the game.

Same reasoning.
Fun

Can you explain why would be Brig before 2-2-2 would be OP in 2-2-2? Cuz it hurts me that we have now just another healbot rather than one support who can survive?

Things Brig 1.0 had at her release:

1. an easily executed combo that did a total of 155 damage (enough to kill a Tracer in one blow, and bring most dps down to critical health)
  2. the most reliable stun in the game. Could go through Rein barrier
  3. Instant deletion of Tracer from the game, the destruction of Dive Comp, and the ability to outduel just about any DPS (when a pre-nerfed Doomfist was weak against Brig, I think there might be a problem here lol)

Even in her post-nerf but pre-rework state (just before role lock), I picked her up in comp, I played her like I play Reinhardt (which is to say aggressively), and ended up waltzing all over the enemy team and chasing the enemy Tracer back into spawn, spamming “Mace to the Face” all the way (I also had gold healing lol).

So, in other words, Brig was strong even after a zillion nerfs. Before those nerfs… she was VERY VERY STRONG.

1 Like