BREAKING: Microsoft Acquired Activison/Blizzard (Official)

I don’t know who or what that is. :cowboy_hat_face:

Dunno if this has already been posted but…

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1483497794308558853

Seems they might be getting rid of Bobby after all?

Ori, Cuphead, and Minecraft are all multiplat despite being Xbox games. Same with New Super Lucky’s tale. I think we have nothing to worry about.

If it were me id have WoW on keyboard and mouse on console. Controller might be possible somehow but my xbox supports keyboard and mouse just fine. The biggest problem would be the size of the game.

Won’t let me link it but if you google “conference call Blizzard xbox” its the first site that pops up.

It’s exciting news, and I’m looking forward to learning more.

I do understand that folks may have questions about today’s news. I am certain that we’ll be sharing more information with you all as soon as we’re able.

47 Likes

Hey AndyB, are we getting ANY OW2 news soon?

Balance Changes for OW2…? New Hero Skin updates…? etc.

3 Likes

If they didnt intend to help develop blizzard games why would they buy blizzard?

2 Likes

Maybe he can give us a new hero hint using 3 emojis. Plausible deniability.

Microsoft wins.
Flawless victory.
Fatality.

2 Likes

What do you mean if true? Microsoft official twitter accounts are confirming it.

1 Like

I’ve completely de-Microsofted my life. I’m still glaf about this news. Might just save OW, and definitely will improve AB

1 Like

They didn’t tell you guys ahead of time either :rofl:

This sounds weird, but I understand the motivation here. There’s a few critically panned shows that were made, shows that even I hate, and I really want to buy the rights to the shows just so I can try to do better for the show. Maybe Microsoft is like that?

Man, the benefits I see in this are quite large.

Stop making assumptions and read the news article.

2 Likes

That would be stupid because all overwatch players are getting OW2 PvP free already because they bought Overwatch 1. Overwatch 2 is the current game with an updated engine and graphics with a PvE mode. They can’t just take the game away from PlayStation players.

If they made it PC and XBOX exclusive then PlayStation and Switch players that bought Overwatch 1 would be able to only play PvP. So if you’re allowing them to play PvP why not allow them to play PvE?

So I still disagree they’re making it XBOX and PC exclusive.

“when we’re able to” so some time between now and the apocalypse

6 Likes

Although I know they can’t be much worse than Activision, Microsoft definitely isn’t the best company for this. They almost ruined Minecraft, so hopefully they learn from that.

1 Like

Yeah, 1000% just a negotiating tactic. We’ll give you $70B AND stop saying your companies the worst thing ever.