BREAKING: Microsoft Acquired Activison/Blizzard (Official)

news.xbox. com/en-us/2022/01/18/welcoming-activision-blizzard-to-microsoft-gaming/

“Once the deal is complete, the Activision Blizzard business will report to me as CEO, Microsoft Gaming.”

65 Likes

This is pretty hype if true. Hopefully they keep the great devs behind Blizzard games while giving them the funding & resources they need

38 Likes

Looks like Bobby gonna be packing his bags soon.

84 Likes

Hopefully they just hire based on talent…

17 Likes

Yeah sure, if you want to pay 10 dollars for a skin and then 5 dollars for a special gun just for that skin and then another 5 dollars for a trinket for that gun and oh here’s a 19.99 per month subscription that gets you more crappy cosmetics and by the way did we mention that for the low low price of 5.99 you, too, can have a pretty portrait with clowns on fire around your name!

10 Likes

Didn’t MS just bemoan and criticize Acti-Blizz’s Harassment Scandal?
Now they want to buy into it?
Strange. Perhaps to drive the selling price down?

11 Likes

Wait really?! Does this mean Bobby Kotick will finally **** off??

I don’t know much about the inner workings of Microsoft like :sweat_smile: Not heard of them treating their employees like Activision Blizzard are currently doing?

I just want the good people working there to be valued and treat like they’re suppose to

34 Likes

They did criticize ABK over the scandal and stated they were going to reevaluate the way they do business with them.When pressed about that, they said something along the lines of rather helping them instead of virtue shaming them and that the changes were behind the scenes.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I understand this correctly, but this seems like you are upset that Microsoft might actually fix the systemic problems of ABK…

21 Likes

Probably for the best as the company seemed like it was dying.

Inb4 a certain someone reposts this news and makes it all about him. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Is Microsoft just buying blizzard or Activision as well?

3 Likes

FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS
Hopefully OW is saved with more help / resources from Microsoft

28 Likes

There is no distinction between Activision and Blizzard. The company Microsoft bought is Activision Blizzard.

25 Likes

This sounds like an Activision thing

Doesn’t Microsoft run Sea of Thieves? The game you buy once & has had a ton of free content since then, with cosmetics being unlocked through playing the game? Sounds like the Overwatch 1 monetization method

14 Likes

Thx f. See ya bobby and such how he never comes back to the Gaming community.

My predictions…
OW will keep doing what it’s doing till OW2.
OWL will be killed off.
PS5 people like CoD will be annoyed.

5 Likes

Was this the big thing that got CC’s so excited?

6 Likes

The problem with that line of thinking is that it basically assumes that people who don’t fit the norm in terms of people working in that field got it based on irrelevant physical characteristics and not because merit. it’s backwards thinking.

Absolutely not chance that this was revealed to them.

13 Likes

This is insanity.

2 Likes

Well its not like it can get any worse then it is now.

7 Likes

Btw. the full statement says that Bobby Kotick will continue to be the CEO of ABK, so probably no change what so ever.

2 Likes