Brainless elo system

no blizzard, me being better than the other team doesn’t mean my team is better than the other team and thus it should not count as a reversal loss. It’s simple logic, you put the low MMR brainless players all in one group and you put the smart ones in another. You don’t mix them up aight? You are developing a team comp and higher skilled players can only do so much it’s the game mechanism. Group your player base by skill level. When you throw bronze and silver players in plat / diamond games, they aren’t learning, you got rest of the team suffering, and no, higher MMR DPS players can’t carry a clueless silver tank. But blizzard doesn’t care anyways, can’t spell blizzard without L that’s for sure

1 Like

This is what’s so frustrating. Certain roles require more skill. Only if the Sliver tank is mirrored with another silver tank would this be fair. So far I’ve seen nothing that indicates they added this to the Matchmaker.

this game is so dead if this keeps up, this is way worse than them screwing up their pro league OWL
the thing is if they don’t know how to make the game better then it’s better off to leave it alone, bet a high schooler can write a better MMR system than their clueless developers

Great post and what you explained here is a big part of the problem:

-Join a match as a tank and you’re free to push as you’re supposed to, you have dps support and healing

-Join next match the healing has dropped around 2000SR skill, you can’t push because there isn’t enough support healing, keep in mind this is within 20 SR of where you were a moment ago

-Join next match nobody knows how to counter, they barely know maps, you have to babysit them like they’re children walking them through every aspect of overwatch fundamentals.

-Next match your team expects you to combo ults, coordinate attacks, move efficiently, the healing and dps are great and you’re learning new tactics from higher ranks

-Next match your teammates are asking “who should I pick?” they go in alone, they stagger, the healing is bad and they’re on open mic constantly transmitting

All these matches are within 20 SR of one another. The matchmaker is absolutely, completely broken and you have to be brainwashed not to see it.

2 Likes

Agreed. Their matchmaking algorithm is literally best five on one team, worst five on the other. Ensure a complete stomp to make one team feel like their gods instead of a fair fight by mixing the players up so the result would be more random.