Bots or Smurfs?

Sometimes I’ll see a player who will just path to the enemy, won’t do objectives, won’t charge their ult, etc. Really basic bot stuff but without pathing or engage scripts. At first I thought these people were bots since I encountered one during 2x exp weekend but I just saw another one.

There’s another theory I’d like to propose: smurfing.

Essentially the account will keep losing, dying etc to lower their standing within the matchmaking algorithm so that they get matched to players they can stomp on. When the difficulty starts ramping up again, they repeat until they get matched to lower tier players.

far from the truth. heh

A lot of players just have zero teamplay and no common sense, but the matchmaker and game designe keeps them in certain ranks.

My kid’s coding camp runs bots with at least A*. We can do better than A*, but they’re only 7 so they use A*.

Believe me when I say bots won’t path like they’re afk.
Bots also aim better than all humans ever could combined for 1000 years.
And soon, bots will beat the best humans even with dialed back aim.
Their teambrain will actually be better.

I don’t even wanna watch OWL anymore. I want to watch the best bot teams vs. eachother at 5300 sr. Their gameplay will be unexplainable and non-understandable even by teams of top humans. It will be that far ahead, just like in Chess.

That’s a reason the devs hide levels now, so they don’t actually have to fight smurfs and cheaters, and you can’t claim that there’s still a smurf, cheater, or bot problem. This game is a dumpster fire all over.

4 Likes

What is the name of the camp and how much did it cost? It should be easy to answer or google, right? I am sure that they were writing software against mainstream games, right? Lol

This is 100% a thing. I know plenty of people who would throw games in order to get them to lower ranks, and then sell those accounts to people who want to smurf, or use them for themselves. There are account marketplaces that sell Overwatch accounts at any rank you want.

1 Like

its more than likely tunnel vision from a dismal game, or the time of day you play at.

:slight_smile:

Im guilty of just sitting there and “wondering” in matches. which is why I play Quickplay. If nobody in my friends list is on at 3am. and I want to “play” something. I mean it isn’t ranked. not like anyone loses much.

(Dont say a path to their battlepass, because those things are impossible).

But the reality is, Blizzard needs to change the names of modes around to the following:

1 ) “I WANNA WIN MATCH MODE”.

2 ) “I WANNA PEW PEW MODE”.

3 ) “I DONT CARE MODE”.

4 ) “I am a Noob go easy on me mode”.

it would solve the community issues in a peaceful manner :slight_smile:

I’ve seen these bots/smurfers on both sides both as allies and enemies. Once I saw a D.va just use normal attacks never ulting never even using her call mech. One other time it was a Zenyatta who just kept walking up to the enemy spawn and dying. No normal attacks or anything.

No comms or chat.

Best part about this is how pathetic Blizzard are in dealing with this problem.

^Their own In Game Code of Conduct…

Within cheating section…

Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.

Within Behavior section…

Behavior that intentionally detracts from others’ enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect and promote an enjoyable environment. Acceptable behavior is determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.

And additionally in behavior section this gem.

While we encourage you to report players that are behaving in a disrespectful manner, falsely reporting another player with the sole intent of restricting their gameplay is also unacceptable and will result in penalties to your account.

So basically Blizzard reserves the right to treat their player base like garbage because if you report this behavior you’re in violation of the rules because you’re trying to restrict them to play in the higher tiers where they belong per the ranking system. But as a smurf you’re also in violation of the rules for throwing, griefing, and ruining the gameplay experience for others. So basically Blizzard is saying we don’t care. Play if you want, and enjoy the pain of not having top 500 friends to play down to your level to win/wreck games.

They won’t respond to this either, all cowards. Their rules are set to basically counter each other so they don’t have to really help on either side. It’s like the McCree thing, until Blizzard was forced into it by some PC police, they weren’t going to do anything, it’s their MO.

"anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties." <— Smurfing is cheating per the rules they lay out. Yet they don’t ban players for it. Also before someone “smart” comes on here, the OW logo is at the top of the code of conduct meaning that these rules are supposed to apply to this game and all games Blizzard owns.

1 Like