BOO HOO, the noose is gone

It’s not a big deal. Some of you are so privileged/ignorant as to not even see how it could be offensive and try to argue that it doesn’t have racial ties.

The swastika had a history before the N*zi party started using it yet you wouldn’t dare try to use that as justification to add it to the game saying “It has nothing to do with that part of history, it’s for the character’s background which is different, so it’s not offensive.”

We already have guns, you will survive without a murder knot spray.

This shouldn’t even be seen as such a big issue but it reminds me of when some people came on here complaining about BLM saying they wanted to escape that “type of stuff” even though discrimination/xenophobia is a HUGE part of the game’s lore with it even being incorporated into certain characters passive voice lines and within maps (Kings Row for example) .

I’m sure McCree isn’t racist. However, trying to say the noose doesn’t have a racist history tied to it is ignorant.

Some of you are really disappointing. They could remove every single spray and it would not affect the gameplay or balance of the game. People found the noose offensive for racial reasons or not but it’s easy to see how itself and it’s applications could be offensive to people.

38 Likes

:thinking: Just wondering when Winston’s sprays get gutted once racist McCree’s start playing Tank. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m not familiar with Winston’s sprays.

I guess he’s talking about putting the gorilla sprays next to Doomfist or something. We’ve given the screeching masses fireworks for years. You’re right, just get all the sprays out of here. Distractions from the game.

3 Likes

Personally, I don’t care that the noose is gone, it’s a spray, one out of a million. That said, I’ve always hated the idea of removing stuff because someone might find something offensive. Why? Because there’s ALWAYS someone out there that will find something offensive!

48 Likes

I could not care less that the spray is no longer in the game.

What bothers me is the removal itself.
Why - it was a god dam movie reference and a fricking spray.

25 Likes

Did blizz actually say it’s a movie reference?

We don’t know why it was removed though? After all, it was preemptively removed. All these people making assumptions as to what caused its removal are honestly just here to play devil’s advocate.

2 Likes

People keep saying it’s from the movie “The Good, The Band and The Ugly” - and that McCree is heavily based on one of those characters.
And that the noose is a reference to a movie scene.

And even if it was not.
McCree is a cowboy. Those people had nooses - everywhere.

I just don’t understand the whole drama behind this thing.
It’s just a spray. Nothing wrong with it.

19 Likes

I’ve always used that noose spray… Just reminds me of the wild west. I don’t really care that it is gone. I just think that it is a little silly that it was implemented into the game and even remained in the game but it is just now offensive and a problem.

That isn’t the only thing in this world that has changed due to this new climate… So I suppose all one can do is sit back and watch it unfold.

2 Likes

Ah, I didn’t realize that nobody knew the reason. I just assumed based on topics like this what the removal was for.

1 Like

Like I said in my OP, there is a racist past tied to it even if it isn’t it’s whole past.

Should they allow the swastika because it was an ancient symbol before the n*zis started using it?

1 Like

It was actually facing the other way - as far as I can remember.

Yeah, let’s just flip it, it’ll be fine then, right?

1 Like

Ok I’m gonna respond to you 3 since you all are acting the same.
The spray in it of itself was not the issue, the use of the spray by racist idiots in game was the issue at hand. And considering the current predicament the US is in, it’s more then obvious why they removed it

You really think they didnt remove it because of what’s happening right now? Really?

3 Likes

It’s what happens when players get butthurt over the replacement of a spray…

This is how far society has progressed. We’re now getting emotionally attached to noose cosmetics. Smh. :skull:

2 Likes

it feels weird because no one bats an eye when screenshots of mei getting the noose was shown or any other, can they bring it back if US ever calms down? if it ever will

1 Like

What’s this supposed to mean?

Who the heck thought about racism when they “hanged” D.vas spray???

I didnt. And I “hanged” other sprays aaaall the time.

7 Likes

That’s not what I’m saying. The problem I have is with people theorycrafting as to why they think the spray got removed. The same people are here arguing with one another. One says it’s the SJWs. The other says it’s woke culture. Someone else says it’s to avoid looking tone deaf.

At the end of the day, we don’t know the specifics. Why argue over it? People here just want to blame a group so badly… It’s depressing.