Bonus loot boxes not halloween boxes

why are they normal boxes?
we did the role during the event, they should be event boxes

6 Likes

I believe this was already addressed and it was because those boxes are too easy to earn.

I am still hoping to get some confirmation, but I knew this was intended design when the Role Queue features was in the PTR during the Summer Games. Basically, I believe only standard Loot Boxes are issued for picking an impacted role in Quick Play or Competitive Play in order to encourage players to still keep earning XP to earn actual seasonal loot boxes, and not just play one game a day and be done after that.

2 Likes

It’s just the daily role queue loot box you get will be a default.

All others including arcade and endorsements will be event ones.

Here’s the problem with that: if you get a legendary out of a normal loot box, the chances of you know getting an event legendary has just been reset. I know I have stopped queuing for in-demand roles until immediately after I get an even legendary from an event loot box. Which, obviously, can take a while.

There is no specific protocol to improve the RNG to get a Legendary as you open more boxes. I once went 50 loot boxes without a legendary. With no event running, the odds of getting a Legendary are about 1 out of 14 boxes (the odds improve during events due to the fact one time must contain an event item).

1 Like

I suppose this is the statistic I am talking about. Sure, there is no actual reset. I misspoke. But there are odds and you can play the odds or get bitten by them.

It doesn’t help that this event has been particularly unkind to me so far, RNG-wise, and that’s lending to my acute awareness of the chances involved.

Also, I’ve relogged and everything but my icon is not updating.

Blockquote

WyomingMyst

21359 posts

MVP - Tech Support

9m

I am still hoping to get some confirmation, but I knew this was intended design when the Role Queue features was in the PTR during the Summer Games. Basically, I believe only standard Loot Boxes are issued for picking an impacted role in Quick Play or Competitive Play in order to encourage players to still keep earning XP to earn actual seasonal loot boxes, and not just play one game a day and be done after that.

Blockquote

well, no point in playing those roles during the event then.

the 2 lootboxes are on entirely different loot tables. that’s not how it works.

you are looking at it as “I have x chance at legendaries”

when its actually “I have x chance at legendaries on this loot table, and x chance legendaries on this loot table.”

You are looking at it as if it is one line, when you should be looking at it as 2

2 Likes

They won’t be if a lot of tanks are queuing and they will when they know there are event boxes.

Oh. I did not know that. Thank you sir or madam!

no worries, good luck hunting

Lets play Quick Play Classic, then

You still get credits from normal lootboxes while also contributing to an XP lootbox, so it’s not that bad.

With all the respect this sounds more like a very obfuscated “we are to greedy to give one more event lootbox a day to people, they need to buy more lootboxes with real money.”

This is ONE lootbox a day. 21 lootbox per event if you log in and complete at least one match a day, every day.

So statistically you will get 1-2 legendaries per event this way. Is it really too much of a reward from playing OW every day for three weeks?

Thank you for your answers, though, I really value that you at least communicate with us. It is appreciated. This situation is no big deal, just looks… strange and cheap.

2 Likes

That kind of makes sense, but I feel like the one a day boxes wouldn’t be enough without XP as well anyways. Even one match on tank a day would help the other queues a bit more which is what I thought the point was.

Obviously you’re not the decision maker on this. I just hope the team considers otherwise.

1 Like

I mean I just found this out and I guess I’ll just do deathmatch instead since there’s no extra point in playing my healers for the bonus box.

Wooo…I can get a ton of bonus boxes…of duplicates cuz that’s all I get in normal boxes at this point.

1 Like

I love Halloween skins, but basically have all the normal skins I want. So … I’m not really going to queue as tank unless this is changed.

1 Like

I still dont see why this was disabled. Players arent going to just earn 1 lootbox and log off, they are still going to want to get more. Well some might but a majority will obviously want to earn more and get all the skins and cosmetics.

It was a turn off to play tank, earn a lootbox and to find out its just a normal one. Just going to play dps this event.

1 Like

Hey everyone I still don’t have an official explanation to why it’s disabled, but I can at least confirm that it is absolutely intended by Blizzard. This post from a Blizzard customer service representative on EU forums, confirms this:

3 Likes