Blog said CREDITS NOT COINS (OW2 cur.) new skins costs COINS

Credits are going to be used to buy things from the hero gallery screen. This includes new heros who have recolors as well as some legendaries. Credits won’t be used to buy anything that rotates in the shop. I don’t see how people are getting tripped up over this.

1500 credits should be enough for 10-15 new skins. However with how stingy Blizzard is, it’ll be enough for 1 old skin you already have.

Blizzard: “We’ll get 5% closer to the bare minimum every 6 months, starting with treating our customers like festering half-dead garbage!”

1 Like

We are also getting 500 prem coins through out the BP.

All old ones. Which the majority does not care about. I care about the challenge skins. Which they didn’t mention.

…if they’re giving something you’d usually pay for I’d say that meets the criteria of being ‘generous’…? :thinking:

So basically, the useless currency I can now obtain and it still isn’t by gameplay?
but by battlepass?
What are people saying has changed again?

1 Like

incorrect.
Unless I missed something they are giving 1500 CREDITS for free BP users (or maybe just through challenges) and 500 additional CREDITS to premium BP users.

Spread through the BP as well, so you may have to complete 80 levels to get all of it.

Base legendaries for new heroes are garbage.

Kiriko’s is the worst. It’s literally her default skin with less material. They took off the “dress” parts on the sides and gave her a jacket.

Everything else is the same. Same hair style, hat, shoes, even the weapon is the exact same.

OW1 heroes at least had unique looking default legendaries.

2 Likes

You did not miss it.

It is 1.5k credits in free BP

and 500 extra in premium one.

Id say so are shop ones lol. Theyre really not putting much effort into them, and a lot are just recolors of the base ow2 skin as well.

1 Like

Reread it. It says premium coins lol

In Season 3, we’re bringing back Overwatch Credits, which had been previously shown as Legacy Credits and been unearnable in Overwatch 2. Now, all players can earn up to 1500 credits as free rewards and another 500 credits as premium rewards spread throughout Season 3 Battle Pass. We are also adding more uses for your Credits so you can choose from many potential rewards.

Where?

here is the link just in case you wish to check to see if I changed anything:

1 Like

Trap? what trap? no one is “falling for it”. we can read.

1 Like

Perhaps youre the one who should re read it its 500 credits (not coins) as premium rewards (aka. On the premium track)

You can still get new heroes’ release cosmetics, emotes and voicelines with them, which by my book is an absolute win.

1 Like

I’d still be a-okay with battlepasses not giving coins and even being 20 bucks if not for all the crap they built around it with the shop. If all the skins for the season were in the freaking pass, the shop was deleted and spenders were refunded their coins for direct purchases letting them keep the skins they bought even if they didn’t have the battlepass, AND credits were regularly earned each level up allowing the direct purchase of all skins over a year old from the hero gallery then I would actually be perfectly fine paying 20 bucks for a battlepass. Maybe 30 personally, but I feel many would draw the line at 20. They’d get to have their cake and eat it too as they say. They’d get a constant revenue stream seasonally from people buying the battlepasses not feeling forced to because it gives them so much crap, and instead make many feel that they’re supporting the game’s development rather. Which is what buying one of these passes should feel like. Hell that’s what buying the lootboxes felt like with how many you could easily earn in-game. I didn’t need to buy any, but I chose to.

This crap just angers me to no end. There’d still be some people complaining about the system I propose, but I think it would be infinitely more fair. And wouldn’t technically permanently lock you out of battlepass content. It would feel more like a choice and less coercion. It would feel more like supporting a business and less like selling your soul to Bobby Kotick. Just the credits earned per level like lootboxes in the old system (though not a ridiculously low number like 10), would be infinitely more respectful for the true free to play players that are new. Because they’d be able to earn all of the neat old stuff at relatively the same pace we did, give or take a bit due to the absence of random lootboxes. Hell, you could bring lootboxes back as earnable only. Something you can’t purchase. That erases the legal trouble. It’s so obvious they could have done that. They did that briefly with OW1 before the OW2 shop update money grubbing penny pinching exec celebration event! The only reason they haven’t stuck to that is deliberately to ruin progression.

They pretend to be on our side when they’re not. We demand the system to at least be as good as the old one and they spit in our faces pretending to be listening. You know what would be extremely easy for them to do if they really think this pitiful amount of credits nonsense is the way forward? Giving us our earned credits from Season 1 and 2’s battlepasses with the change. We don’t want things to be fixed later, we want them to be fixed immediately and retroactively. Their unwillingness to make a good experience is laid bare. It is wholly disingenuous how they are “listening to our feedback” while not caring about our feedback.

I mean it’s a step in the right direction though, isn’t it?

They said they still plan on iterating and working on the monetization system. This is a great first step to making it more player and wallet friendly.

1 Like

I agree. There’s still nothing for veteran OW1 players, though, but they said there will be more cosmetics to buy. I have a lot of legacy credits and almost all the skins from OW1.

I just hope they’ll let us buy some skins and interesting cosmetics, not just souvenirs that nobody cares about.

1 Like

I think for veteran players with little currency(me for example) then the default cosmetics for new heroes are likely still going to be unlockable for Credits, so that’ll be a big boon moving forward.

For those that still have thousands of credits, then I’m sure they’ll figure something out.

1 Like