Block Shatter reaction time

you definitely can where did you get that idea

I am very slow yall :pensive:

Is it really? There’s a range where I can consistently react to it on audio cue alone but within melee range it seems impossible. 450 ms should be more than enough for your average gamer even with latency. Is it possible the animation/audio doesn’t start on key press?

1 Like

Just played around with it again, I find it easier when I focus on catching the animation instead of the voice line.

H8VN0

I don’t remember where I got the code, didn’t make the game myself. Did disable some other bots.

1 Like

shield has a slight delay

Does it? I can’t find anywhere that says it does

I’m playing around with the code he posted, it still doesn’t feel anywhere close to 450 ms. It’s not that important to me since I always keep a distance with Zen/Moira but it would be nice to react to it at any range.

It is very slight, the animation takes like 12 frames, and the hitbox of it takes around 3 frames to activate

I got 195-200 ms reaction time with just clicking and 390 ms when shooting targets (and moving your mouse between targets). You’d say catching a 450ms cast wouldn’t be too much of a problem but it’s hard for me.

Though maybe you also loose some at the start of the cast, an animation or voiceline isn’t as clear to react to a as screen changing colour.

Managed 50% visually once and that’s about it. Audio is much worse even though reaction time should be better there. In theory I think someone with better reflexes and ping could be consistent then again I’m not sure reins in OWL react to it.

I’d bet this is probably the reason
Further made worse by ping

I listen closely and keep an eye on the animation the moment when I hear the “H” at the start of hammer and see him swing his hammer up I know to put up the sheild

say word hammer - this should be your reaction time

If I’m not mistaken there should be a workshop code floating around that lets you practice blind blocking Rein shatters.

You just have to recognize the “Ha” in “Hammer”
At least that’s what I listen for.

You’ll generally know when he has it so you can focus a bit more on it.

Don’t fire strike or jump when he has it.

I think the issue is that you can react to it in a vacuum, but in an actual game you have know they have it and divert your attention towards the enemy rein.

You need a very low ping to counter it in time. There’s a big difference between 50ms, and 100ms.
If your ping is too high, you get shattered the moment you hear it.

If you can’t, just repeatedly attack and deploy shield. You’ll block half of them for sure.

You can even read the subtitles. It appears “Hammer down!” when he starts ulting.
I blocked many shatters by catching that phrase.

I’m not a fan of subtitles tbh.
Sure they have their advantages but I’d rather learn the game from sound and feel over reading.
That’s just me though.

They changed the shield animation and melee swing a while back, making it them feel very slaggish.

As for blocking, it’s quiet easy to do, as long as you are not too close to the other Reinhardt.
There is a long visual and auditory warning before Reinhardt’s hammer hits the ground.
With Sigma or Zarya it’s even easier to do, because the shield/bubble deploys instantly.

false, average human reaction time is around 280ms, i have a reaction time of around 160, I can block it pretty easily

1 Like