BLIZZCONLINE Celebration Collection - Which package is right for you? (UPDATED)

Hey everyone with the announcement of the new 3-tier BlizzConine Celebration Collection bundle, the question to ask is which bundle is right for you? Well, this guide breaks down what each package gets for specifically Overwatch, though I would emphasize these bundles are really intended for those who play multiple Blizzard games.

Overwatch Item Essentials ($19.99 USD) Heroic ($39.99 USD) Epic ($59.99 USD)
5 Standard Loot Boxes, Blizzard 30th Anniversary Spray, Blizzard 30th Anniversary Player Icon âś… âś… âś…
Raynhardt Legendary Skin ❌ ✅ ✅
3 Golden Loot Boxes ❌ ❌ ✅

IMPORTANT NOTES

Unlike past Virtual Tickets, BlizzConline will be ENTIRELY free to watch for everyone this year.

From what I can tell of the description, the standard Loot Boxes are specifically only regular Loot Boxes, and will NOT be Lunar New Year event Loot Boxes. The same goes for the Golden Loot Boxes, while each will contain at least one Legendary item, it will only pool from the standard Loot Box pool and not from any seasonal event (unlike the Legendary Loot Boxes).

Like most BlizzCon bundles, the Raynhardt Legendary Skin appears to be EXCLUSIVE to this bundle. There is no details listed anywhere that this skin will be made available outside of this bundle, so if you want this specific skin, you will need to purchase the Heroic or Epic bundles.

NEW! Purchase any bundle tier and you will get the Blizzard Arcade Collection (a brand new retro game collection) for free.

CONSOLE PLAYERS - BLIZZARD 30-YEAR COLLECTION

If you only play on a single console platform, you can now get all Overwatch and Diablo III items from the Blizzard Celebration Collection, plus the Blizzard Arcade Collection in a single bundle for $29.99 USD. You must purchase this from your console platform marketplace.

IMPORTANT! Purchasing the Blizzard 30-Year Collection on your console platform does NOT transfer to PC or any other console platform even if you have them linked with a Blizzard BattleNet account. Only choose this option if you only play Blizzard games on one specific console platform.

PlayStation 4/5 - Click here for details

Xbox One/X/S - Click here for details

Nintendo Switch - search “Blizzard 30-year Collection” on eShop app

9 Likes

Spaceman rein? Weird one. Think I’ll pass.

5 Likes

That is a depiction of Jim Raynor, the lead terran (human) character see in the StarCraft series of games.

Stay frosty.

9 Likes

Huh. I dunno anything about those games. Feel like the helmet should be closed though.

1 Like

Well if you are on PC, you really should give StarCraft II a whirl, its multiplayer and Wings of Liberty single player campaign are free to download and play!

2 Likes

Bring back the Overmind! Kerrigan isn’t worthy to lead the swarm

Keep hoping they’ll do more of these like they did that one anniversary…the blizz universe has so much they can pull from

Ive personally suggested a Terran marine many times (essentially what this skin is)

Literally finished it finally yesterday (i had stopped after Zerg campaign and bought the Protoss one a couple of weeks ago)

I will be honest with you, I am kinda surprised they didn’t do one specifically for Raynor’s former friend Tycus, now he is pure chaos and mayhem that suits the Reinheart playstyle.

1 Like

Not a fan of the Reinhardt skin. Typically characters still look like themselves, even when distorted with other characters. But the man inside that suit looks nothing like Reinhardt…In fact, he looks more like Sigma lol

7 Likes

Spending another $20 for just 3 golden lootboxes seems rather steep. The $40 tier looks to be the best if you just want Overwatch goods.

2 Likes

I would only recommend the Epic tier ONLY if you are still looking to earn any items from the standard loot box collection (or if you are looking to get items for other Blizzard games). Again, it appears all Loot Boxes will only pool from standard Loot Box items, not seasonal items like the upcoming Lunar New Year event.

40$ for a skin… For a game that receives bare bones updates lately and constant bad balance patches. Yeah as much as i like star craft no thanks

8 Likes

$20 dollars for 5 Standard loot boxes?

WTF

Who decided these prices?

3 Likes

Accountants who like money

2 Likes

Remember, these bundles are intended primarily for those who play all Blizzard games. If you do play at least two other games, I consider it a great deal. (I think Hearthstone players got the best value out of them all).

2 Likes

How come they just don’t make separate bundles for each game?

6 Likes

Because that would require thinking logically

4 Likes

HOLY COW THE PRICES
:crazy_face:

5 Likes

If it support covid… maybe…

But this should have been

$10,$25, $40 respectfully.

This was Overkill.

3 Likes

In the past, these items came with the Virtual Ticket, which was the way to enjoy BlizzCon if you could not actually go as you would get access to all of the exclusive panels and other really cool content. This year is different with all streaming content being made available 100% free.