Blizzcon sombra skin

I have all skins except for 3 normal Legendary skins and 3 2017 Halloween Skins. It would be awesome if I can have my same in-game credits on PS4 to PC as well. I have like 48,600 credits saved up on PS4.

I have a gaming laptop too. Don’t on the PC version yet though.

Would not be shocked one bit if it was a Sony issue.

1 Like

Couldn’t they just have you sync with like a 15 digit alphanumeric code, that you bring up on your console screen, and then type into your PC client?

Like when you are setting up a Roku, FireTV, AppleTV etc.

Or even better, give it a timeframe where you have to type it in, like with the BattleNet Authenticator.

1 Like

It’s opens a door to people wanting everything across all alt accounts. If I have 2 or more PC accounts then why can’t they share unlocked skins across all of them?

Also it opens an unfair advantage to the amount of boxes you get each week.

You get your 3 weekly boxes on your console account then go over and get 3 more weekly boxes on your PC account. Allows you for even more items each week where others don’t get such an advantage.

Sony is complicated overall, This is why i hate consoles, their closed boxes of death where everything is forever stuck in that thing that you cant upgrade, change, or transfer

I don’t think the problem is verification that you indeed own both systems and games or anything. I believe the problem is that Sony is very uncooperative when it comes to cross platform stuff. I don’t know the details of it but I do know Blizzard is hardly the only company to have trouble with working with them

Well that’s why you have it so that you don’t need to Sony’s servers to communicate with Blizzard servers. And like I said above, just authenticate without using Sony servers.

Gotcha, I see what you’re saying

Holy crap, for cereal?

If suddenly you can synchronize cosmetic unlocks, what will happen to those of us who have a majority of the game’s content unlocked on both their PC and console profiles? Will we get some coins for each duplicate?

That’s what my ex said too :neutral_face:

It’s not really only about that. It comes down to profit most of the time. Sony would be losing customers; as in they’re losing customers playing on their platform.

They’d treat Fortnite different to an entire company like Activision/Blizzard for example, since one makes more money than the other. Why would they voluntarily let customers switch to PC if it means sacrificing profits made by said customers buying things from their store?

it’s not about the Sony servers, it’s about their licensing/3rd party accounts policy. Sony has this weird “thou shall not take things earned on our platform elsewhere” policy.

in fortnight it locks your account so you can’t play it on other console platforms like the Xbox/switch.

in Overwatch it locks cosmetics you earn so you can’t potentially get them on Xbox (again, sony doesn’t like people taking progress made to other consoles)

No it doesn’t. One parent account that can tie to only one console account per console platform. That’s how it already functions with the current Twitch drops and HOTS timed exclusive skins.

Again, not an issue. Weekly box progress can be shared across multiple platforms.

The only thing that’s unfair, is that this far out of launch there are people that have intentionally purchased the lootboxes on multiple platforms and gotten those skins on both platforms, to which Blizzard would have to reimburse them (or alternatively, make recolors of and auto unlock them).

The only truly problematic things are achievement sprays, Twitch drop sprays, and Golden weapons, and deciding whether these items are allowed to be shared.

how is that confusing? Its literally said what we already knew.

Currently,there is no other way to get the Sombra skin and that is true.
The items will be available in 2019 separately. Which was also stated already.

There is nothing in that reply which could cause any kind of confusion, unless Blizzard adds another skin for ticket holders, then the “some item” part is questionable,since it dosnt state which skin is going to be available,but i dont think something like that will happen.

That being said, the other way to get the Sombra skin can be another,more expensive paywall. For example buy 100$ Value of OWL tokens and get the Sombra skin as a gift.

1 Like

I think the more likely one is “pre-order Diablo 4 and get Demon Hunter Sombra as a gift”… which honestly, I’m okay with in comparison to having to shell out $50 USD for a skin and nothing else of benefit (personally).

The point is the same, the other way of getting the skin can be another paywall and can be even more expensive, nothing proves it otherwise.

I know the point is the same. I’m putting a guess out there for the interested to read.

This right here. If you haven’t heard about the Fortnite debacle that sony has done it’s really scummy. I don’t care about Fortnite, and refuse to play it, but it’s still disgusting either way. Locking player’s accounts to a specific system should not be allowed. I can’t believe Epic allowed them to do that.

What about a code generator? Every skin on console/PC has a code that you must type in. That code is linked directly with your account, and then you can unlock skin on the other platform.
Maybe it’s a bit of type work, but people probably want to transfer only their favourite skins anyway.

how about putting some of the work on the end user. perhaps a system where the person selects the skin they want to transfer and upload them for syncing. Kind of the way you download and save your highlights. Personally I wouldnt mind putting in some leg work if it meant being able to transfer my skins.