Blizzcon 2024 cancelled

So nothing to show from OW team I guess?

7 Likes

They have no new game, no big updates and nothing to show.

18 Likes

It makes some weird pattern, though I think it’s just a coincidence but funny to point out
2020: cancelled
2022: cancelled
2024: cancelled

7 Likes

They should just cancel Blizzard.

14 Likes

They should cancel you… GOTTEM

4 Likes

I mean their games move to slow. While PC-Mobile hybrids like Genshin have something new every 6 weeks and indie games every month, they have what? Maybe 3 big things a YEAR? I would not even say big to heroes.

MS could also have something to do with this, because they have their own convention.

1 Like

Too much management slowdown. Blizzard has always been a company with good devs but horribly overbearing management.

Depressing, but not surprised.

Not surprising, actually. Blizzard isn’t a separate company or able to maintain its separate identity anymore. They’re just another studio under Xbox now.

2 Likes

When does it take place again… ? I always forget.

They have an upcoming expansion to World of Warcraft but it’s obviously not enough.

Maybe the first Diablo IV DLC and the 2025 roadmap for Overwatch… ?

Edit : Oh I just realized this was officially announed. I thought OP was just making assumptions xD…

^ This

This convention has always been overrated, imo… I like cons that mix multiple studios better :man_shrugging:…

3 Likes

Basically all Blizzcons for the past few years have resulted in disaster. Community sentiment towards Blizzard is the lowest its ever been. Why would Blizzard sign up to bring people in when all that it would result in is questions from rightfully unsatisfied players, which result in egotistical disgusting idiotic responses from an inept human milk stealing company?

Besides, what would the OW team even say? Theyve ruined the game so much that the community is majorly split on every topic. A massive amount of people want 6v6 back, they want the hitbox and health pool changes reverted, they want the end of role passives. Give any of that to us and half of the community will be elated, the other half pissed. Theres no winning anymore. They ruined the community by merging 1 and 2 despite them being absurdly different games.

Blizzard relationship with the public is over, there’s precious little they could do to get it back.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say BlizzCon 2020 was canceled so much as it was more or less delayed to BlizzConline, as it happened 3 months after the typical convention time. It’s more that they cancelled BlizzCon 2021 and 2022.

Then because most of their original/tenured event staff was let go during the pandemic, BlizzCon 2023 was a scattered mess of miscommunications between the Blizzard staff and Convention Center staff. So it makes sense why they wouldn’t do an event this year.

Lol even bungie has stepped up with destiny. This game might not die but it sure as heck runs on life support.

Kind of disappointing, last year’s blizzcon was really cool for overwatch, like they pretty much gave us a roadmap for the whole year. Hope they find some other way to deliver similar information

one of those was because the entire country was shut down
The other was because of a massive wave of PR nuke scandals around 4 months before the event
This time there’s not really any apparent reason

1 Like

You are more than dramatic. Life support would be no more heroes, events and also no new skins. OW is doing fine and seem not to be slowing down. The other games on the other hand are in much deeper trouble.

D4 with the bad reputation that is worse than indie games from the same genre.

And WoW with the better version being the classic one, because how complex, hard and bloated retail has gotten over the years.

Everything else not is not noteworthy.

1 Like

True even though OW has always been just “here is your new hero + cinematic”

I have never seen another so tone deaf company tbh.
When a game struggles it is usually due lack of resources but with the OW, it is just pure incompetency. Not to mention the OW team has been wasteful on resources for insignificant things since day one.

2 Likes

For D4, I have absolutely zero expectations; same goes for OW.

The only 2 things Blizzard has going for them is WoW which is a very slow ticking time bomb since MMO’s are kind of a boomer thing as well and CoD. They obviously only care about OW on a sales perspective. They don’t care about allotting more budget to create more content. S10 is absolutely lacking and only consists of more crap that only petty and vindictive players ask for. These changes really take no effort and could be done by an indie company in a matter of a couple days of hard work; even then indie developers know better to reverse the work put into these functions from mass backlash.

The only really big thing they did was create more monetization which is what explains the careless and tiny changes with heroes.

What the devs are doing is they’re putting minimal effort in and they release bigger patches every couple comp seasons and it only seems to get worse every patch.

Really, at the end of the day the only thing S10 did was discourage all social interaction from an extremely tight ban system that can deliver swift blanket bans that only a bot will respond to and instantly deny of a ban appeal as they’re programmed to.

There isnt much to have a convention for.

Diablo dlc isnt worth it. They already did an announcement for wows 10th expansion

OW isnt going to get big things any more, seasons, maps heroes. the same old