Blizzard, why are you so slow?

LFG is an awesome addition to the game. However, as you have already acknowledge it needs some improvements and it has been said that they would be introduced on the next patch. And now I only see this:

Why are you so slow to make any changes? There are some suggestions that are not difficult to implement. I am sure your developers could do this on a week or two. I remember a software engineer saying on Seagul’s stream that he was working on the hole LFG for a month or so.

Here are some of my suggestions:

1. Please make the Any queue option the last one on the list. Or just don’t make is pre-selected, make a Select queue option first. People don’t read carefully and just leave Any there when what they really want is competitive, for example. And this causes a mess because the group will show up to everyone no matter the skill range. Also, I can always see more groups with Any than any other, what messes up when you filter by queue type.

2. Insert a country filter. I am always presented with groups from outside my country that does not speak my language. And this also comes with the high ping. I’ve already heard that people are not using the LFG because of this issue.

3. Make an option to Add Players. If you are in a group and someone leaves I have to create the group all over again.

4. Let me flag my friends that I’m grouped with so that if I (the leader) leaves a random group we found in LFG, all of them come with me, not having to re-invite my friends.

5. Possibly for the leader to toggle the Enforce Roles option mid game. It’s great if there is a leaver or someone wants to swap roles.

6. A ready check is important. I want to check who are my teammates and what heroes they play first then decide if I am joining them or not. Sometimes the leader just start queuing and finds a game so quickly that I cannot do anything.

2 Likes