Dylan Snyder, Senior Game Designer, for Overwatch 2

Megan Leigh, Community Manager, for Overwatch 2

???, Senior Mission Designer, for Overwatch 2

Chalres Icay, Senior Animator, for Overwatch 2

Courtney Vogel, Environment Artist, for Overwatch 2

Ying Liu, Senior 3D Character Artist, for Overwatch 2

59 Likes
9 Likes

I’ve written and edited this comment a few times but I don’t think there’s anything I can say about ActiBlizz leadership that won’t get me suspended.

28 Likes

Well there goes what little hope anyone had for a decent PVE what a S show

21 Likes

Seems like those $20 skin prices aren’t going to anyone’s pockets over there and yet people still want to buy stuff and still think that it’s going to go back to this game and make it a better game at that.

Under no circumstance is that the reality we are living in. ABK leadership is literally disgusting. #FireBobbyKotick

75 Likes

The sale to Microsoft is in jeopardy too. The CMA wants to block it unless Microsoft divests Call of Duty. And without that IP why would Microsoft want the rest of this company?

Bobby Kotick will remain in charge if the deal falls through so it’s only gonna get worse.

10 Likes

Yeaaaaaah…

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/microsoft-defend-activision-deal-eu-hearing-feb-21-2023-02-14/

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-ftc-commissioner-christine-wilson-resign-2023-02-14/

7 Likes

People actually thought that Activision was gonna put Overwatch profits back into the development of the game?

64 Likes

You’d be shocked at how many people truly believe that, yea.

9 Likes

honestly, there needs to be some kind of law protecting our culture so that greedy goblin banker types cant run rampant and destroy what we love for profit. I don’t know how this would function, but there needs to be something protecting beloved IPs from being purchased with the sole purpose of making money at the expense of it’s integrity and artistic purpose. Its killing everything.

19 Likes

I figure it’s less about law stuff, and more about how Blizzard was/is on the upswing in recovering their reputation for Overwatch and World of Warcraft. They need all hands on deck to pull in those record breaking profits. And this could be a big setback for that. Like it’s just bad, from a “Making Profits” perspective.

It really makes you wonder why people continue to develop titles for such a company.

Perhaps the worst examples of what we hear aren’t actually the status quo?

3 Likes

So TLDR:

• Team4 really likes their fellow members in Team4.

• They don’t like upper management

• A considerable number of staff has left blizz.

• Higher ups blame productivity loss on remaining staff.

• Implements a Return to Office policy, and tells staff if they don’t like it quite

• Which leads to more people leaving.

• Devs are concerned because they have multiple major releases coming up

72 Likes

It’s in jeopardy because Sony is bribing all these boards and doesn’t want to be challenged. What the hell do you think those meeting jim ryan is having behind closed doors is about?

2 Likes

It is incredibly disappointing to read these dev posts. If nothing else, they don’t seem to feel supported. I wish that something could be done to support these folks. While I don’t agree with everything that Overwatch 2 has become, it is evident that these people care about their game and team.

Things are sounding a bit bleak.

7 Likes

doesnt look good at all. wondered what happened and it does look kind of bleak for this games future

maybe… they are gonna do massive lay-offs again. also why would you want to be a part of blizzard/activision/king or whatever its called when you would get paid more somewhere else. riot games is killing it nowadays and so are the creators of fortnite i guess

5 Likes

Ah yes the old myth, Micro transactions support a game and it’s developers. Right up there with “trickle down economics”. I mean we already knew this, OW1 made record breaking profits first few years with Loot boxes, didn’t really see any of that reinested into the game.

They blew most of it on Overwatch League and then working on a “sequel”.

24 Likes

So pay has not changed at all and still being extremely meager while asking workers to come back and work inside their crap offices. Even upper management is also grilling employees for staying in their company even after all the things from lay-offs, lawsuits, and world-wide conditions. They had so many employees leave and their grand plan was to grill the hard working employees of their game (Who are underpaid) even harder?

What exactly is their plan to remain a company? I’m trying to connect dots and I’m struggling to.

14 Likes

its sad but its probably best if the game just dies. of course these upper management, suits, and ceo bobby kotick will move on to something else and consume the next thing/whatever but thats how it is in video games nowadays. till the next big thing happens

3 Likes

If anything, maybe this would make it easier to sell to the FTC, to just approve the Microsoft Merger.

Which they are on-trial with the UK equivalent to the FTC, this upcoming Tuesday.