Blizzard STOP lying about the matchmaker

You’re giving Blizzard far too much credit. If only it was complete RNG. It’s not. Instead they like to do sorts of manipulations to how people are matched up.

1 Like

There was a lot more rubber band matches because the community believed in comebacks. Now every one gives up at charecter select. That speaks volumes to how bad the match maker is.

1 Like

That’s more of a player issue. I personally think 3-4 DPS comps are broken right now if you have a good ball/orissa and mercy if solo healing.

It feels like the loss comes from the negative player who picks roadhog as the solo tank and complains all game to get a main tank

1 Like

You sure about that one? Because looking at your recent activity on Overbuff and your profile, it would appear you are exaggerating.

1 Like

THIS is actually true. I’d rather people play whatever they’re the best at rather than playing something sub par. Now the issue comes when everybody is complaining they wont other 5 people to support them w/ tank/healing etc. I think EVERYONE can’t be selfish - that’s where the problem lies.

1 Like

But…it is a matchmaker for me… =( who else will compare skill ratings looking for free players and stack them together… ah, just remember how were we typing ffm at mirc in cs 1.6 times 18 years ago…that was our semic-automatic machmaker =) And everyone was happy

I read sixteen reasons and so I was like why not thirteen reasons

But anyway about the actual thread; there is a matchmaker but everyone has bad and good days so you can’t put a decent number on a human’s brain to calculate their ability to play the game like a robot.

Yeah, because OWL matches are all close, and no team ever gets steamrolled on a map.

It could be that the problem is with your expectations for reality. Putting 6 random people with the exact same SR against another 6 people with the exact same SR doesn’t even begin to guarantee a close match. Sometimes people just click with their teammates better than the other team does.

1 Like

Seems to work fine for me. I started out in bronze during season 3 and quickly ranked up to gold that following week. I’ve noticed skill differences between bronze and plat.

I can easily get out of bronze however I have been stuck in gold and low plat since season 3. It’s because I’m simply just not good enough to get past plat.

I can really care less because I like playing at my skill lvl. I’d rather not be in high plat or low diamond because I know for a fact I’ll get creamed.

1 Like

Matchmaking is hidden. And like everything else in life, if it’s good and honest, it deserves to be hidden :stuck_out_tongue:

This is literally untrue. Most of my matches are balanced.

Hello,

In my personnal experience you are right just calm down, i am as upset as you, the problem is real “lying” i understant that they need TO FIX IT yes i agree;

The games are not that interessting i am not interested about wining or loosing even if i have 10000 elim and 100000… dmg as dps but the quality of most games i play its sad but they are lets say very bad (instead of using the real word i have in mind just for my respect for the community)…they dont reflect the real level of the players (sr and rank)

I think they should review the sr ranking for me thats the only issue i see golds plats doing something of a bronze player not even silver…

Its a teamwork game not like othergames when you have the same choice of weapons as your team and enemy team, and if you skilled enough you can carry your team and get 4 kills solo in a 6vs 6 and its ok.

In overwatch… whatever good you are you still need the others, each character have its skill pack and pros and cons.

We need each other as a team i respect tanks and healers and dps as they have the good decisions in regards of their rank and sr.

Review the ranking sr, in mostly 10 games i got like 2 good games (even in loss, and i am not upset at all about it, they were better thats all, we did many errors and they did less) the other 8 its an ez win for us or for them i dont like winning ez games, i just started, i shouldnt destroy the guys in front of me, give me a challenge, you are supposed to be the same rank and sr as i am, if you are better you go up nice for you and i am happy for you that you destroyed me and you showed me some good skills i value ( i learned at the same time thanks to you) i can only say you deserve a better rank, i wish you the best to go diamons master grand master or top 500 and thank you very much for the game, and i wish i will meet more players like you in the future.

But please blizzard, dont give us bronze players in decision positionning gameawarness in higher sr*

*I have nothing against bronze player its were we all started (or not for some) i mean if you are bronze you know you still need to learn and its not going to be easy for you and i wish you all the luck (try to rage less its ok youre gonna be fine just focus and do less errors thats my free tip :wink: )

Now going back the the issue, review the sr ranking system please for the sake of both of the teams and the joy of playing interessting games.

I prefer to play 5 interesting games and having a good memory about overwatch than getting a 20 ez win or ez loose, because interesting games take more time than the others who shouldnt even exist, rare or considered as a bug i want 8 good games and 2 bugs its ok. (Loosing or wining in the 8 doesnt matter as it reflects the real level).

Review the sr ranking system.

Thats my point of view.

Signing off o\ have a nice day guys

How can Blizzard lie about something that they don’t talk about?

1 Like

Are you suggesting that when the matchmaker is looking for random people of the same elo, it should also enter and scan all players brains to forsee wheater they are gonna pop off/throw have the same game values/personality/goals as you specifically??

(you can matchmake whatever you want in group finder, but naaaah let the mathmaking alghorythm interview all the players in 3 seconds so you don’t have to put in the effort into teamplay)

It’s more complicated than you think.

It takes 6 people of about the same skill and puts them against a team of 6 similar skilled players. There’s an exception for balancing matches where some people’s rank got way too high or low, the community calls these “forced losses”, which they kind of are but if your rank is higher than it should be (not “above 50% win rate”—I’ve taken an account from 900->2800 before my first loss) it SHOULD go down. Why would you want a rank higher than you deserve?

Anyway, if 4 dps and 2 tank players are on one team and 2 support players, 2 dps, and 2 tank players are on the other team, the outcome could very well look like a forced loss because the first team has no support players. Someone could be trying a new hero, slept poorly the night before, be stressed or distracted by work or relationship issues, etc. They can’t program these factors in.

Based on the best documentation I’ve found, that’s a myth:

They could with a role queue and role locking.

And then the game instantly dies because most of the player base isn’t willing to wait as long as it would take to get to play what they want.

I think what would be good is you PRIORITIZE what role you would like to play. The game will TRY and put you into a DPS slot if you ranked it as #1. Then it’ll try to find you a support class if you ranked it as #2 and likewise for #3 preference. This will still keep the matchmaking times in check and get some preference to the players.

Stop focussing so much on medals they mean nothing.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s certainly frustrating when you get 4 dps mains on one team and 0 on the other. The team of 4 argues all game over who is best at it and the enemy team has nobody who knows how to play it.