Blizzard save your game! go 1/3/2

I know what would fix the game…

12v12

Make it happen blizz.

35 Likes

No thank you. 222 is perfect imo

Dont change the whole core gameplay of a single role just to cater to entitled dps players when in the current system all 3 roles are equally enjoyable and effective in their own rights.

The way to save the game is to simply balance it better and more often.

49 Likes

Can you imagine a double team match?

You would need it to be CTF or something just so it didn’t devolve into an incomprehensible Tiny Overwatch cluster.

Gotta be honest Id rather die than face hanzo-widow-doom smurf pros every match ever

23 Likes

Why would I ever bother playing QP again with that? I’d just go back to VS AI.

5 Likes

I’ve posted about this subject before.

I’m a fan of the concept, but not sure if the OW Team could properly rebalance the game fast enough for this type of change to be welcomed by the general community. They took nearly 6 months to get us to where we’re at now with 2/2/2 - which I don’t know anyone who suggested the idea would be good to implement without some type of balancing changes to go with it.

RQ is doing okay right now and is looking to get better with the next patch.

The game balance would need to be drastically altered in favor of Tanks to permit 1/3/2 to work with the added focus of Damage sources. I’ve seen fire-lanes that can instantly melt a Sigma from full shield to K.O. (Baptiste, genji, soldier, sigma, Roadhog, Moira combo on King’s Row) So combos that permit those damage lanes would need to be mitigated by a damage nerf or some type of survivability buff across the board for the Tank Role.

Maybe if the Devs made Tanks overpowered - more people might stop calling it a garbage role or a chore and actually want to play it.

5 Likes

How to completely kill off the off-tanks and make shield tanks mandatory: force single tank groups.

So glad that never happened and we got proper 2-2-2 instead. It is be no means ideal (1-1-1-1-1-1, or Main tank/Off-tank/Main DPS/Utility DPS/Main Healer/Off-healer, would ensure better representation), but it works best for balance on both sides.

I’m so glad we have at least the current Role Queue. I used to hate how some of my opponents would play cheesy 5-6 DPS comps and force my groups of 2-2-2 and 3-3 into either playing 1) extremely coordinated (voice coordination where everyone dives the same target at once) or 2) go all DPS ourselves, or otherwise end up losing. This is because it can be downright impossible to take on the damage and CC of DPS. It wasn’t fair that one side playing uncoordinated could beat out a balanced, semi-coordinated team of 2-2-2 (often even coordinating our attacks and ultimate abilities properly) just because they were playing all flankers and snipers and would widely spread out, and surround my team and win by picking us off from every direction. Playing 5-6 DPS vs 5-6 DPS just feels like team deathmatch rather than Overwatch. I cringe every time I’m pulled into a QPC game, because they regularly devolve into these kinds of games, even if both sides start out playing more balanced 2-2-2 comps.

16 Likes

it makes dps ques 3x faster,

so we should not be left praying we dont get 2 dps offtanks in disguise.

And with 3 dps its more chaotic, so even if your 1 tank is troll there is less chance 3 dps players will also be trolls. so you have less instant losses cz of wrong tank choice

Shields were nerfed and armor buffed… which promotes movement :clap:t4::wink:

If you’re still planted in chokes, that’s on you, riiight? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

You’d basically kill off every off tank with this idea.

30 Likes

It’s a very good idea if you want the remaining Tanks players to quit.

46 Likes

I got a brilliant idea how about 3 tanks and 3 supports with DPS heroes being removed entirely.

Oh wait this is goats right?. Maybe goats is what will make this game fun.

8 Likes

Like… this? Who in their right mind would ever feel like having it restricted to a single tank would ever be a good idea? People complain about having a Roadhog on their team when someone goes Zarya or Hammond, but could you IMAGINE the complaints if the ONLY tank the team got was a Dva? A Roadhog? Either nothing would die on the enemy team, or there would be a massive stalemate at the chokepoint of whatever map you’re playing. If its not a stalemate from nothing dying, its a steamroll and the enemy can’t set up and just simply dies. There is no inbetween.

This is also incredibly dumb and way too hard to pull off yet I see it popping up. I’m not sure who started it, but I don’t think anyone thinks about it. The main thing about it all is who decides what is what? Who decides what a main healer is? Raw numbers? Who decides what a “main” tank is? A shield? What about hammond? He doesn’t have a shield but is widely considered a “main tank.” Sigma? Seen as a main when played with others, but when played with Orisa or Rein is often seen as the off-tank.

And DPS is the same. What’s utility? Is a junkrat trap utility? McCree stun? Soldier biopod? Who determines what’s 1 and 1 for DPS? Developers? The players?

7 Likes

Since when has this community had a choice on anything in the design of Overwatch? We can beg the developers all we want, and every now and then they might listen to us and throw us a bone over an easily-implementable idea (e.g., changing the Witch Mercy skin’s default rez voiceline to her famed Halloween line), but for 99% of everything else, they call the shots and makes the changes according to their own vision. At times, it may seem like they side with a certain segment or another of the community, but when everyone throws out ideas for balances changes for every possible direction a hero can be taken, of course someone is bound to coincidentally end up correctly predicting the next patch notes. Obviously, the heroes will be sorted by the developers in every version of Role Queue they create.

There is nothing dumb about 1-1-1-1-1-1. If anything, it is the next logical means to limit player choice as needed to keep the game balance-able, as every added hero further adds more variables and uncertainty to the system. The ultimate, and worse-case endgame I can think of (along with fear and despise) is possibly the addition of some kind of hero ban system, be it seasonal, weekly, or per-match. Regardless if bans were chosen by the developers themselves or by the players, I would be appalled to see any hero physically removed from being played at all.

3 Likes

This is thread number 100 on the exact same topic.
If you are not on the edge of the bell curve and have somewhat experience on tank or sup you wouldn’t make such a post

Few reasons:
Killing the intra tank and sup dynamic
Dumb down the game
Creating a monstrum which is not fun to play against and to play it (insert the typical mutation meme “please kill me”)
Killing off the tank and sup population for good

5 Likes

I don’t think you have thought this through the perspective of a tank. A single tank going against 3 DPS and 2 Supports is hell, it’s not going to work, 222 is the best option. Anyone who doesn’t want to use RQ can go play QPC and DPS all they want.

16 Likes

Solo healer would be better than solo tank.

They could buff healers to reflect there only being 1 instead of 2.

I used to solo heal as Moira all the time prior to 2-2-2 … tons of people would always squeal like babies about it “MoiRa CaNt SoLo HeAl” but I always proved them wrong :wink:

3 Likes

3 DPS is just obnoxious, we don’t need double sniper + sombra again

Plus this would just be hell for the tank player, you’d probably make queue times worse because of how few people would be willing to play tank at that point

15 Likes

There are many dps heroes and matchups when u can create space being damage dealer (doomfist, mei, pharmercy, ashemercy, basically all flankers) That was the way how multiple dps comps works before roleQ.

I have to use 20 letters to say no.

16 Likes