Blizzard no punishments for False Reporting (Proofs in this thread) (You must read this)

You realize that Blizzard doesn’t care about how easy it is to abuse their report system right? They’ve been lying about it being useful for several years now.

It was so easy to exploit it that even TreeBoyDave was banned for cheating. I mean, how garbage does a system have to be to conclude that?

4 Likes

It’s not even sad that their system is based on:

Well, when you are thrown * number * reports for * number * games, you will receive a punishment in accordance with the report item, which people have chosen and NOBODY will help you.

Sadly different.

The fact that people BELIEVE that the system WORKS WELL does not have SIGNIFICANT PROBLEMS, thanks to which you can block anyone and for anything (well, except for cheats, they did at least minimal protection there).

It’s pretty useful, actually. For them. It saves money, and works sometimes.

Who cares about us, really.

Some people say they play Overwatch. They say you’re transacting with their company.

1 Like

I think that if Blizzard does not answer or declares that everything is fine with them, then I will continue my experiment and will post its results until Blizzard starts to act.

And no, blocking an account from video doesn’t solve the problem.

You must solve it COMPLETELY

Don’t hold your breath, they don’t care and they won’t answer you. They already know their system is pretty garbage. It’s been that way for years.

Remember when they were proud to announce that the system suspended someone who had nearly 1000 reports of throwing? Yeah, that’s how bad it is.

Honestly the sad part is how little Blizzard cares about their very loyal fans these days.

1 Like

Perhaps people will eventually notice and understand everything, there will be general outrage and Blizzard will still answer.

I would like to believe

Support from popular content creators would not hurt, of course :frowning:

I really like that people believe in this “utopia” where 100% of the reports are true and 100% of the people that is toxic/cheats gets caught but … in reality that doesnt work like that.

Mostly because when you escalate that to “millions” of players, theres nothing that can come that close.

PS: Also reporting is a private action, thats why “report reason: False report” doesnt exist, because no player can see a report happening.

Most reports if not all are covered by a system. It really doesn’t matter if you false report or not.

I’m not sure why you want to waste time doing this. It’s been like this forever on any game pretty much

1 Like

So this item is for those cases when a person calls to throw a report in the chat. Like REPORT NAMEPEOPLE FOR TOXIC IN TEAM CHAT

or

REPORT DZEN FOR NO SWITCH

And not for the fact of report.

0 proofs

I’m still yet to be proved wrong by your statement

I think you know the truth. They even did a Dev AMA on reddit instead of engaging with their actual official forum. You know they don’t give a F about us anymore.

1 Like

Blizzard is simply deceitful.

1 Like

If a player AFKs out, I feel a report for inactivity is totally justified.

Big brain dude

Hey talk here please about false reports.

why you no wanna talk here? Its system problem find and fix thread. Why you wanna insult me?

So now i will invite guy in this thread.

I false reported only for show problem and how fix it. But community (and you too) no care about SYSTEM PROBLEMS and better flame namepeople

This is one of the reasons why I am convinced that internal prioritization takes place.
Not every report is equally “valuable”.
It is possible to develop a system that can monitor itself and automatically set priorities and weight false reports so low that they are practically worth nothing.
I think Valve uses something similar.

This of course requires that there are mostly legitimate reports.
It is not the first time that it could be a big mistake to rely on the community to play the game the way it was intended.

False reports will get discounted as noise by the system - and there is no reliable way to determine if a report is false or not so punishment for false reporting would be unfair. My guess is they feed it all into an algorithm and let machine learning figure out which might be legit and which probably aren’t. Once certain thresholds are met, punishments/warnings are then passed out.

Only this is all at the level of guesses without any confirmation, I have not even seen words from the developers.

but they are regularly ready to confirm that for mass mailing of complaints - PUNISHMENT. And the “fact” that they IN MANUAL MODE check, and “do not issue automatic punishments”.

So the only question is HOW BAD

For example you can see 1 more guy who just have big fantasy.

Ask blizzard support they have punishment for false reporting? They will say YES (!). But people like you no care. They more like life in “good” world

I reported 100+ reports with text false report # 1 #2 #3. Every match. 11 reports. NO ONE CARE