Blizzard just trolled the entire community

Blizz held an Echo pro event, and then they banned the same hero the event was supposed to promote. It’s still April so I guess it’s not out of season.

1 Like

People want new hero

People complain about Echo being available on Competitive

People are questioning why she got banned

8 Likes

It got banned because they ban most played heros, and that was Achoo

Would’ve been much more helpful if she was just banned in comp for two weeks instead of wasting a Ban Slot on her meaning that we have no idea how the Pros will play with her until next week, which likely would’ve happened anyway if we just banned her for two weeks like we did with other heroes if I recall correctly.

1 Like

Well it is just a theory they did it because of players complaining.

With Sigma they didn’t care as much, so i’d figure it would’ve been the same with Echo.

Well, if Devs would just post their opinions on each ban wave and explain why. Then that would make alot clear.

I thought Sigma was supposed to be introduced with 2/2/2 but I can’t confirm that

Agreed

Maybe, but I think with the gap between Sigma and Echo, they just wanted it to get out to live fast.

Or maybe they found plenty of people had already used the character on PTR. Or they’re trying doing a new approach on hero release to test reactions before OW2.

At this point, we can only speculate on what exactly is going through Blizzard’s heads at any time with just about anything they do because their communication is terrible. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nowhere near the atrocious level of Valve, but it’s still pretty bad.

Kaplan responded to the foreseeable Echo ban before it even happened…

While I’m not about to dig up the old posts/articles, I recall that that they specifically stated Sigma would not be playable in the Role Queue Beta season… and then he was, without explanation.

1 Like