Blizzard just officially reinforced this for me

Big sad, cri evrytiem :sob:. I’m not totally familiar with what a cod knife stab is, but sounds cool regardless. Hopefully you’ll get to see something like that in the game eventually, but I wouldn’t wait with bated breath on that one.

What on earth does that have to do with what I said?

I didn’t say you had bad character because you posted. I said I have more than one post to base my judgement on.

Agreed about the good guy part, the first part is idiotic though.

That AMA was, as expected, completely useless. No solid information about anything important, no real meaty answers. Of course you weren’t given a serious answer.

Being blunt was your mistake

To me it looked like “Not to be rude but…(insert distasteful material)

If you wanted an answer, the ideal method would’ve been to first be concise in your request and secondly ask as if they aren’t obliged to reply.

Let’s be real, you knew a post like that was unlikely to get a reply. You even said in OP yourself

If you really want to do more than call Blizzard out, you’d best work on your wording.

They did mention that it’s harder to buff niche heroes. when the damage role was separated in two, they said it would’ve been much easier to buff these niche heroes because they wanted defense heroes to be played on defense only, and attack heroes on attack side only. But it would’ve become more and more difficult to place new characters in these separate roles (they used Ashe as an example).

Plus, they keep saying how much they’re playtesting different changes, but like most of their changes don’t go through ptr or experimental. who knows how long they’ve been reworking these niche heroes.

You could probably find bits and pieces of your answer in their replies to other people, I don’t think this is something you should be worked up over.

1 Like

Ya so if you want to pitch a fit and have everyone invest time into reading paragraphs of words, don’t be condescending when the community is trying to be understanding. You could not possibly be more off putting. Maybe THAT is why your question wasn’t answered.

1 Like

Welp you don’t want to be bothered now so why should any one care?

That AMA was a joke and half. It was just then trying to catch up and get some time with fans and act like they care. Reading through some of they answers were just generic easy to answer questions.

They know they are falling behind in community moral and this was only about trying to cater to the community. If they actually cared they would answer the tough questions. But they don’t. They even said with the sym issue that they have the ability to quickly put together something to try it out yet they waste so much time with blatant issues that they can fix but don’t quickly get something together for them. If you go back through some public statements it’s easy to find contradictions that go against a lot of their claims.

The fact that they many people worked on the guild system of WoW and yet they cannot put one in OW should be enough to show their quality. The fact that it is a distant dream of OW2 shows how they are not going to upgrade anything to make it easier to do. We don’t need a huge client update just a guild system.

2 Likes

Please explain where Jeff left off since you seem intimately aware of the challenges he speaks of. I would love to hear what he means by 'doing it right" and since you know everything about it please tell us why he is wrong about their vision for the guild system.

Ayy this man must be the one who had like 50+ questions at the top of controversial

Well the fact that WoW has had a functioning guild system for quite some time and the people who worked on that same system are working on OW should mean they should be able to put together a basic one. The game has been out for 4+ years and they are struggling to put together the basics into a pvp game. Who is surprised that a game that glorifies team play would not want a guild system and the player based would be irritated by the fact it doesn’t have one? If a guild system has been sorely wanted by the community since launch and they are working on a massive expac why not have that as one of the big things coming? If they aren’t going to balance their game atleast start aiding basic things to it. They can’t break this game much more than it already is.

I find those questions far more important than the "when is x gonna get buffed/nerfed"esque ones.

LOL…there is No question there.

Just because you put a ? at the end of your rambling self serving nonsense…does not make it a question.

They did not use your ideas because they either don’t know about them…or because they aren’t very good ideas.

And considering many ideas have been “stolen” from the forums. I would guess your ideas are pretty poor ones. Especialy when you mention Genji being ok before his overbuff (he was a throw pick).

Or you could have just put the question in the op. I’m not digging to find the info you clearly could have put in there.

Even using context the question seemed hostile/ confrontational.

Which again just makes this seem like you were mad they didn’t pick your “Question”.

I’d have skipped over it for sure. Especially if it’s not questions they wanna answer.

Play this song while reading your post, makes it even better. What happened to Blizzard…

They knew they were going to get softballs from the /r/Overwatch community which is why they went there. It’s a showcase for highlight reels, not any discussion about the game.

They avoided this community because they really know that their product is kinda trash and there would be tougher questions from this crowd. It’s a little pathetic to dodge your community, but it’s to be expected from Blizzard at this point. Just blatant disregard for your community and the product.

They just don’t care anymore. It’s really easy to do the stuff they do when they don’t care.

1 Like

If OW2 attracts new player, it would be really bad if the relationship between this community and the devs were the same.
Burning trust in the long term.

I mean it’s already a crapshow

1 Like

it sucks i lose my border because kids be crying about being bullied about borders.

That’s not even a question that anyone would be able to answer, since it requires that they agree with the accusation… not to mention that responding to your complaint that they ignore complaints would inherently be paradoxical.

This is about equivalent to walking into a room, seeing a corpse with a crowd gathered around it, and asking everyone, “Why did you all murder this person?” The only way anyone could give a valid response to the question is if one of them (1) actually did kill the person intentionally, (2) had a specific reason to do so, and (3) believes it’s in their best interest to say so publicly.

Many might take this is an exaggeration, it isn’t when we checkout other companies. There are communities out there who have turned the developers into rock stars. Create memes about them (think gabe and valve be the most mainstream ones). And get extremely excited when there is a content reveal.

With Blizzard it is a clown show, countless youtube videoes unhappy with the state of the game, forums filled with unhappiness, sadness all round. Blizzard inside their bubble probably laughing thinking everywhere is like this, it ain’t :cry:

1 Like