Blizzard, it's time to remove the medal system

People who cry for scoreboards are the same who whine about their gold medals or about private profiles … they are just locking for something they can blame their teammates for when they lose.

2 Likes

The problem with scoring system in this game is that it doesn’t really take into consideration the different heroes you play and so a lot of players will think they’re not playing right like a Sombra who thinks they’re bad cause they don’t have gold elims evem though they’re an assasin, you’re playing well since you get the key hacks but there’s no points for that so they don’t know any better

1 Like

Except more transparent

1 Like

I’d rather have my damage/10 min than damage.

That way I know my average soldier damage/10 is for example 10k

And in this game I’m pumping 7k

If the game showed me I’m outputting 30% less damage that would be more informative than an arbitrary number and ego medal.

The problem here is that you don’t win games by doing a certain amount of damage. Damage needs to be impactful. if you’re shooting an enemy hog for 10 mins and feeding you may get 13k + damage - but your damage threw the game cuz it wasn’t impactful and fed the enemy team.

Giving me my average damage/10 is a ton Of info.

I myself will know if the damage is meaningful, as well as know if I’m over/under performing from my average.

It’s just trivia.
But either way the OP is not about removing stats, but medals solely

You are talking to bronze damage.

1 Like

I would love to see a scoreboard to see healing done
Or a stat when I press tab to see how much healing I’ve received.

It would take up so much screen that if would hinder your ability to read which people are alive/respawn timer and ult economy - things that are crucial during a match.

That’s worse than medals - it’s sole purpose is to argue with teammates and breed toxicity with, again, irrelevant info

I’ve watched replays where I’ve not been healed by either support player in a full 3 rounds of ranked play.
It’s not irrelevant information at all. I can completely change my playstyle based on how good the healers are.

Out of context. Where you near your supports? Were they able? Did you ask? Did you stand in front of them? Yadayada

Absolutely true. But that’s the thing - you win in overwatch by being the better teammate, not the better player. Only in pro play does being the better player count.

Being a good teammate to bad teammates is the ultimate challenge and a testament to your skill. Winners adapt and overcome, losers rage-quit. Pvp is not for everyone

1 Like

The stat page we have right now is beta at best

I sprinkling glitter on a steaming pile of ****. And stop digging up corpses.

Yes to all of those. There are a lot of game where the supports just DPS and don’t heal but I can’t confirm until I watch the replays after the games are over.
Thus, it’s valid information

So if I get on 76, shoot a roadhog from long distance all match, but never kill him, and get gold damage, what does this gold shiny medal tell me except “You’re doing great kid :+1:, keep repeating your bad habit.”" ?

Lol why did you necro

Can I just say I love you. Everything you’ve written in this post is a breath of fresh air, perspective and truth and I wish more players were thinking like you.

You should really like r/OWMedalsAreUseless if you don’t already.

1 Like

Man, what a blast from the past this post, and yet, nothing has changed…

No, we need more in-game stats, not less.

damage done, Kill, death, healing received/healing provided, etc etc