Blizzard isnt ruining the game, the community is

That’s kinda like saying criminals make ghettos.

I’m guessing you skipped sociology.

lmao the game would probably be actually good if they were designing it for esport

My man, you may need to play closer attention.

Pick and ban is coming to ranked next season.

I only agree with this because the changes the pros are suggesting are good for the game; just like in Overwatch. If you have an issue with the Overwatch pros’ inputs then you’d probably hate Pengu just as much, if not more. He’s incredibly arrogant and big headed and always demands changes and (unlike a particular OW pro that Mercy mains are upset with), Pengu actually impacted them. He’s arrogant because he’s the best, and what he proposes, like I said, is good for the game. But a lot of people strongly dislike him for it, or disagree with his suggestions.

While Blizzard can’t completely control the community, it should have systems in place to monitor and improve the relationships within the community from the beginning.

The reporting and endorsement system should have been in place at launch. A guild/clan system should also be in place. These things encourages players to bond together.

Instead, Overwatch felt like an island with a single boat. When you want to connect with someone, that boat will take you to another island with 11 other players but after playing with the 11 other players, you’re forced to go back to your island.

On launch, OW should have had a robust reporting system; endorsements with meaningful rewards; and a clan/guild system. This would have reduced toxicity greatly from the beginning, in my opinion.

Now they have to deal with damage control, instead of a preemptive solution.

Lots of people I know stopped playing because of the toxicity, something must be seriously wrong with the community.

Activision forces Blizzard to make an Esport from a freshly published game. Is this the communities fault?

The automated report system prioritizes quantity over quality. Is this the communities fault that Blizzard cant handle false reports or to make a report checking system?

1 Like

I’ve met lots of wonderful people and made new friends in the community. Everyone’s experience is different. I don’t see anything ‘seriously wrong with the community’

I come across the toxicity, but I focus on the good in everyone.

And besides, people aren’t being toxic for the sake of toxicity. They are just trying to win, and they think they know the right course of action to win.

Keep an open mind and try to accept that everyone’s behaviour stems from misunderstanding, not toxicity. Sure, it can lead to toxicity but that isn’t the source. Mostly, its just frustration from losing.

Some of the community toxicity could be reduced with better game mechanics, I.E Endorsements apparently helped.

More player options would help, map avoid, more player avoid slots, role queue modes etc

Having everyone play the game in their restricted manner creates some toxicity which would be resolved with a bit of freedom. (The workshop is a sub game, I just mean QP and Comp)

blizzard keeps triggering the community and then blames it

1 Like

I’m kind of getting tired of reading the same responses from other people just in different words so im keeping this ignored, a good few of these comments sound more like toxicity than actually being professional honestly. I know a few people disagree and I get that but please be professional otherwise Im keeping this ignored and salty comments wont mean squat. Thanks!

Overwatch isnt dead but it’s definitely well past it’s prime

2 Likes

Yet, the community complained to hell about that hero making them useless outside of a certain comp. People still complain about said hero.

The community complained about mass rez cause ‘muh skill’ and how hide and rez was not how you’re supposed to play her and she got a rework many Mercy mains didn’t want.

While Blizzard over buffs or nerfs things, this community like above does have a hand it. Look at Zarya, people want her nerfed over her damage but put her on dive and her damage is non existent.

No it wouldn’t. You can’t fix people toxicity.

A defeatist attitude, to say it wouldn’t without trying, how do you know?

because not everyone cares about endorsements. My solution is to get rid of the golden weapons. They’re the reason why people are willing to EVEN play comp. Not everyone is a try hard in comp (just for the record, I’m not talking about myself), play the meta, or willing to work as a team and that can lead to people being toxic towards each other.

1 Like

One thing to consider is Blizzard was talking about OWL well before launch (they were geeked about it without even having settled on the name “OWL”) which, to me, indicates everything you need to know about this particular thread:

They counted their chickens before they hatched!

THE VAST majority of changes/fixes, outside of glitches, are with less than 5% of the “community” in mind! It’s all about the pros because that’s where continued mega-profits are at in the industry right now!

Blizzard didn’t “ruin” this game, they never succeeded in making the game in the first place! Now, here we all are, grinding SR trying to be part of the community that matters in the developers eyes.

I guess a better way to say all this is “Blizzard ruined the community, not the game.”

(Which, I’ve found, talking smack about the developers or web team is a great way to get banned from forums)

1 Like

Can they catch liars?

One has only to look at this thread to confirm.

Confession Time

That’s why I said “could reduce” never said it would remove toxicity from the game completely, I used endorsements as an example due to,

I do not care for golden guns, xp or endorsements, I don’t need a prize from the game to act in a respectful way.

Honestly when does the community NOT control.

People nowadays talk crap about anything and the ones working hard on something needs to change or work harder on it to fix it.