Blizzard in a Nutshell

It’s all about the money!

Like I said, only 20 new cosmetics that weren’t player icons.
And really…new map? You sure?
It’s identical to the other two with a different background and VA announcer. It’s hardly new and exciting content. When I loaded into the new map for the first time I genuinely didn’t notice it wasn’t one of the others.

Thanks! You’re right, I’m glad Earthshatter and Reinhardt bugs are being looked into. But what of Doomfist? Symmetra? Sombra? Roadhog? No answers on any of their many bugs.

Yeah, it only took 11 nerfs and Mercy being a must-pick for 9 months of a hellish meta.
And Hanzo out-classing all DPS heroes until very recently since his rework, 4 months ago.

They may be close to, or fine now, but it took disgustingly and unacceptably long.

Flip That Portrait - coming to A&E this fall.

1 Like

If you want to balance a game you need to take it slow.
If they had dropped a larger nerf, they would have needed to buff the hero back up.

The problem being that the developers aren’t top 500 players, nor do they know how every single player will play a hero.
They try to balance around the average player.

Honey there’s a difference between slow and 9 damned months.

Wrong. They balance around the top-end and their money-making OWL.

2 Likes

This is a fairly good point. Midrange DPS is dead and has been for a while. You either want Widow/Hanzo or something that works close range - i.e. a flanker.

Hanzo’s stats are actually pretty deceptively bad right now. He’s among the bottom for win rates across the tiers and other DPS are eating his pickrate up fast now. His kit sounds bonkers on paper but he is still inherently inconsistent and that affects literally everything he can do.

I can wax poetic about McCree and Soldier’s issues for long enough to pass the character limit. None of the solutions I have in mind involve Hanzo at all.

1 Like

I just started a topic about it, feel free to swing by. I have know idea how to balance McCree anyway.

Then they would have never nerfed mercy nor hanzo.

1 Like

I predicted this. Nerfing Hanzo wouldn’t magically make everyone else better.

1 Like

Is this a thing that actually happened? I need more info on this.

What happened with Roadhog? Was the op joking for something happened?

Everyone: Can we please get some new content? Overwatch is getting really repetitive.

Blizzard: What’s that? You wanted another KOTH map and a new animated short? SURE THING!

But, see, we got the Mercy rework because of this. Pros wouldn’t touch Mercy with a ten foot pole. Blizz wanted all heroes to see at least some play time in their new, shiny OWL. So they reworked Mercy such that pros simply had to use her. They’d deal with the aftermath later. And we all know how that ended up.

Well, you can drop the point about Reinhardt. PTR patch notes state

2 Likes

Ah yes, you’re right. Someone probably forgot to not hire the same person for portrait flipping and for character balance, so whenever one is done, the other part loses out on dev time.

Have you tried consulting? You seem to be smarts about these things!

No, not at all.
Fixing Earthshatter is great, but Rein still has countless bugs that aren’t related to his ult.

1 Like

The EarthShatter ones were the worst, though. I legit felt sorry for Reinhardt players, regardless of the team they were on.

1 Like

Players in a nutshell:

• “Nerf this hero”
    -“WTG BLIZZ YOU MADE THIS HERO A TROLL PICK!”
    -“Buff this hero”
  • “WTG BLIZZ THIS HERO IS OP!”
    -“Blizzard doesn’t listen”

Blizzard: “…k”

2 Likes

FIX DOOMFISTS ACHIEVEMENT TO STOP COMP THROWING.
my body is extremely clear

Lmao I knew something different happened with Road’s icon, I didn’t know what.

1 Like