Blizzard has one more opportunity

I mean in all honesty from a balance perspective this might be one of the most balanced games on the market. 6 of 7 supports viable, 8 of 8 tanks and 11-12 of 17 DPS viable. It’s easily the most open meta the game has ever had.

do not ask for the balance, be the balance

Can you elaborate on this? How does this translate to balance changes? Do you think Rein needs to be slower with a 2000hp barrier again? I’m not sure how Tracer is really any different from launch. Do you think Mercy should get mass rez back? Not really sure what you mean by “every hero plays and feels like their initial design” or how heroes don’t currently feel the way they’re supposed to

Pretty much, players feel and play like they are actually hero. While current Overwatch is fixated on mostly balance, this idea would also seek a more “chaotic” aspect to gameplay.

Let me ask you a question: does Sigma feel and act like a brilliant scientist whose mind is fragmented in their pursuit to master gravity? Does his gameplay encompass this megalomaniacal meastro who hears the universe speak through them?

I would pull out more details, but I’m typing this on my tablet at the moment.

Cries in Scalebound and Capcom’s Deep Down, release date: Cancelled/unknown

2 Likes

I would say every hero feels like they’re supposed to, minus the heroes that need reworks like Bastion & Sombra. Why don’t you think the heroes feel like they’re supposed to? What changes would you make to make them feel more like you’re expecting?

Cries in Hollow Knight Silksong and Metroid Prime 4

1 Like

I think he means that some heroes have been tweaked too much or other heroes are so much more powerful that some heroes have lost their “logic”.
For example Reinhardt doesn’t feel like a powerful tank. He’s a bullet sponge that melts down ultra fast and gets stunned and booped by everything. Just bullied.

1 Like

You may not like the answer pretty much everyhero starting from orissa were bad for the game and balance, these heroes cannot be balanced without major rework to their abilities.

Now practically we can’t delete these heroes, hope they just get reworked properly for ow2.

What we can have now is a arcade mode called overwatch classic but with current balance for starters, but vault everyhero released starting from orissa.

People really need to experience that state again to realise how good ow was back then.

Scalebound would have probably survived if it wasn’t a console-exclusive. When will they learn.

Hollow Knight is a beautiful game full of rich lore and art and absolutely all of it is wasted on the fact that they wanted to make a metroidvania with a Soulslike difficulty. Soulslikes are trash, and I say this as someone who loves Blasphemous.

Blizzard learns nothing from previous blunders. The crowd control fest that we have now? That already happened with WoW a decade+ ago. Chain CC leads to immense frustration, it is already known. Why did Geoff Goodman not learn from this, and continued the same approach in Overwatch for another 5 years? Good luck undoing all that mess in OW2.

1 Like

We’d be here a while if I went over every hero, so I’ll just recommend my “Widowmaker in 5v5” as the most recent example: she’s supposed to be an assassin that uses everything at her disposal to the highest lethality, and yet, feels more like a rudimentary sniper than anything else.

Currently, I’d say heroes feel too sterilized to what they could be: they may be “balanced,” but at the expense of not feeling like heroes that can save the world. Take for instance, Brigitte: for someone who’s the squire of the legendary Reinhardt and daughter of Torbjörn, you’d think she would be a bit better on the front lines and have a way to fortify herself and her team through her engineering capabilities?

Another example would be Reaper: he’s supposed to be this terrifying wraith that wades through even the most hellish of battlefields unfazed, but is pretty much a pushover for most of the roster.

I agree with your issues. Props for not being as toxic as some of us. Patience is gone and diplomatic wording just doesn’t fit the mood.

There was a time when you could blame the community, blame some hero balance, blame some system issue…but after so many neglects, all sources point at the root cause: devs who want to make great games not able to convert. And the humans behind those jobs, not being able to do so because it’s a multi-national corporation that rigs for profit.

The best people left and who knows what stuck around. OW2 has chances because hype is hype, it will be fresh on market ppl will click buy and they’ll have an OK time in PvE and the esports pvp side will be manufactured. Same old same old. In terms of a franchise you could main with your friends for 10 years through content, dlc, sequels, innovations — this ain’t it anymore.

Anyone else though?

Mom’s spaghetti.

:dancer:

According to this post:

The Overwatch Team is already on their way back into our good graces

I support console exclusives. God of War and Bloodborne make playstation what it is, and Halo makes xbox what it is

What I hate is PC storefront exclusives/timegated like a majority of games nowadays coming ONLY to epic games launcher for their first year, arbitrarily, only for money reasons

We just disagree. I think Brig, Reinhardt, Reaper, and Widow all fit their design/concept and I don’t know what balance changes would really make them feel any more how you imagine

1 Like

Any game that’s balanced around eSports is always going to be a chore to play.

1 Like

You still have hope for this game?

Geoff Goodman is still the Lead Hero Designer and hasn’t been axed yet.
5v5.
Almost every hero will be reworked in some way.
Bastion and Sombra reworks already revealed. They’re awful as expected.
We have seen early PVP gameplay for OW2. It sucked.
They’re still neglecting OW1 causing the existing playerbase and matchmaking to self-destruct.

OW2 is dead on arrival. It will be flavor of the month, Blizzard will make back it’s money but the hype will evaporate shortly after. The entire OW brand has been soured beyond repair.

1 Like

That is a fair point. I’d argue that people are able to climb in lower ranks by merely picking hard to manage heroes. The top 1% of the game are steadfastly against balancing for any rank lower than themselves, which I think is the most arrogant way to view balance.

80% or something close to the players of the game exist at or near gold. Why would you completely ignore that much of your player base… When reaper gets balanced for the top 1%, he wrecks most of the player base. That is the awful balance that I’m talking about.

1 Like