Blizzard game fact sheet released on BlizzCon website

Could you imagine the effort in managing that server infrastructure?

1 Like

I will note the active player count is for ALL of Blizzard’s games, including their most popular, World of Warcraft.

That being said, I am willing to guess that Overwatch is currently the 2nd most popular. I think saying 10 million active players is a safe bet, but I would not be surprised if that number is a lot higher.

2 Likes

Oh. Nvm then lol…

No need to imagine, here is a glimpse:

not for OW… 37million for all blizzard games.

also active players are being defined by 2h playtime per month…

2h per month is not much… if you also take smurfs into consideration.

Super interesting fact, OP. This means one can calculate the rough number of Overwatch games that have been played since the endorsement feature has launched (June 26th, ~2 months). This is the first time I’ve seen any recent info on how large the active playerbase is.

Edit: So there’s a minimum of 40 Overwatch games per second being completed. I’m guessing the actual number is roughly an order of magnitude more (400) due to: (a) not every mode having 12 players, (b) not being able to re-endorse for 12 hours, © players not endorsing at the maximum rate possible every game.

2nd Edit: Based on a bunch of other facts, I was able to further guesstimate the number of concurrent lobbies for my SR/play time/region and it reaffirms what I had felt. When I play most there seems to be a small handful (1-10) concurrent game lobbies at once for my SR & region. Interesting to see this guess roughly correlates to officially released stats.

Just so you know, that number is NOT just for Overwatch. It is for ALL Blizzard games.

3 Likes

21 friends, I’m really slacking. I got exactly 0 friends. That’s how this player rolls

The stats aren’t very clear as to whether or not this is for every game or just Overwatch. It’s a case of if it’s for Overwatch, then yeah, it’s a decent amount, but if it’s across all their games, then 37 million people isn’t really a lot, especially when you ask the question “How many of them are playing Overwatch?”.

And how are we supposed to just believe that?

No OW stats? Something smells fishy.

37 mil players from 200 countries log in to … X servers located in only 3 countries … Yey :smiley:

Read more carefully. It doesnt say 37 billion on overwatch. It says 37 billions log onto battle. net each month. Thats all possible games or maybe even people just checking stuff

They didnt give specific stats on any game and I bet its because of hots. Its a sore eye for activity level.

If they gave activity levels for OW, Hearthstone, or WOW they would have to for HotS and it wouldnt be pretty.

Also for the 37million active, a lot of that is hearthstone. That is probably the #1 active game out of all of the games on BNET.

Its the total players from all blizzard games not Just ow.

1 Like

yet, we don’t get near as 10 responses from the dev team lol g8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

But they did. They leaked the number of endorsements which is a direct measure of how many games of Overwatch only are being played.

Endorsements are an Overwatch only stat.

Indeed, that is my fault. I honestly thought the first part of the list was Overwatch because it goes in order, I did not realize those were general facts especially because once they are done with games they move into more general facts again. Weird layout.

Yeah it is but when you think of it from marketing makes sense. Bigger numbers are higher up and in bigger font. People see the number and just go “Ooo” So i guess it works in that way

Edit. Saying yeah it is to “weird layout” not rubbing anything in any faces.

1 Like

Of course bigger numbers have more impact.