Blizzard: FIX THE MATCHMAKING

Why keep playing comp when you KNOW the matchmaking is terrible? Even more so if you are playing solo. Just stop playing and you won’t be frustrated anymore. You gain nothing from playing comp if you aren’t a content creator. It is just a longer version of qp. You can be a plat player and face, and or have master teammates due to the role matching. There is nothing competitive about ranked play in OW. Even if the game mode is called competitive.

If you want a real competitive experience go play Valorant or CS. Maybe even R6S, but not OW. Nothing substantial is going to change with the matchmaking. Activision just announced that the PC market has made more money than console for the first time for them, and I’m sure OW2 is a decent contributor to that. As long as profits keep rolling in, they probably see zero reason to change much.

4 Likes

They know what’s wrong with it TBH, it’s just a problem that needs more resources and TIME to fix and to do that they will need to shut this game down for a while to have time just to fix all the MMR problems and backend bugs.

They can only do so much while it’s active and with a small team just to fix a problem too big for them, TBH come back in S7 or S8 and now the matches COUNT for MMR it will take a while for everyone to rank up and down to how it was during S2.

TLDR : Coin flip matches will happen until about Season 8, Deal with it or play another game for a while.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Its been bad since season one what makes you think they know how to fix it?
Its not even a fixable problem if you really think about it. Peoples play varies even on the same hero, throw in counter picks and hero selection and every game is basically a crap shoot.

2 Likes

I climbed from B5 to S1 in Season 1 and from B1 to S1 in Season 2 as healer.

Now I’m bronze again (didn’t play Season 3) and I won 3 out of 20 matches. I’m B4 now. Yeah, great. I get constantly in teams, that don’t know what the hell they’re doing. Constantly charging in solo, not waiting for healer, dieing all the time, doing less damage than me. Those are things that I cannot fix alone as a healer.

FIX THE MATCHMAKING!

“The only constant is you” - Yeah, Blizzard. Sure. The only constant is that you match me with much, much more inexperienced players than I am, against a much better team overall. Your system is ducking rigged.

7 Likes

This shows how shallow their thinking is. The matchmaker is also a constant in each and every match. Going further, the fact that people have wildly different experiences across multiple accounts shows that out of the two constants the matchmaker is what is broken.

5 Likes

Same here. It’s unplayable. FIX THE MATCHMAKING

Same here. I feel to B5 this season on support. It’s horrible. I can’t play it anymore.

4 Likes

Every end or start of a season comments by the Devs:
“Hello guys, we noticed that there was a problem causing some irregularities with the matchmaking system.
We have identified and fixed the problem.
Next Season the matchmaker will be better, things will be different!”

How long can this gaslighting go on? :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

Matchmaking just got worse as the game aged over the years not to mention the large amount of trolls and smurfs due to F2P change. I’d rather they keep the base cost of the product high to discourage alternate accounts or ban dodging.

3 Likes

4 Likes

You managed to make me laugh, buddy

“Dunning-Kruger effect”

And add to it the return of all the smurf accounts that are appearing… this game will be completely broken forever because these devs took one semester of community college intro to game design and got hired cheap by blizzard to replace the REAL game devs that MADE Overwatch or something.
Matchmaking is crap, cheaters are growing, smurf accounts are returning…

BUT MAKE SURE YOU ALL BUY SKINS!!! UPDATE IN THE SKIN STORE!!! HERE’S AN EVENT TO SHOW OFF SKINS YOU CAN BUY!!!

2 Likes

Thank you all of you guys for adding to this campaign. All of you could do the same than us:

3 Likes

Just quit the game you are going to do yourself a favour

1 Like

Ever came to mind they compare you to otherplayers?
Like you could be losing but still perform better then other players who also lost, like most people derank because they keep giving up or stop trying go DPS only on support etc and by doing so wrecking your own performance (MMR)

The new system allows u to climb even if you lose because you played better compared to other losers.

This also endorses players to keep trying even if games are unwinable.

There will always be trolls but this matchmaker creates supercharged trolls

2 Likes

Can confirm that matchmaking is broken. I am in plat as support, trying to push into diamond again. My most recent game had an average lobby rank of Silver 3, this is after being on a win streak and not losing any games, getting a lot of high plat and diamond lobbies.

This means that there had to be at least one player in low bronze on my team. If I can’t queue with someone that is even in Silver, how can someone that is Bronze end up in the same game as me? Yes, my team won by a landslide, but I probably gained almost nothing for SR from that win, and had everything to lose if I lost.

2 Likes

Blizzard management don’t know what they are doing, it’s been months of this garbage. So sick of having people go negative in my games. People are at the wrong ranks! You’ve made players think they are higher than they should be Blizzard! now fire the person in charge of matchmaking and make it so you gain 25SR if you win and lose 25SR if you lose.

The problem is really simple… most players in a game are casual. When there is zero incentive for average Joe Blow to queue along with a priority for quick queues what do you think is going to happen?

Competitive players and arcade/qp players are a different species. The more people you have playing the better the system will be at actually matching people of similar skill cause guess what there is a larger pool to pair up people.

Convince blizzard to allow 5 minute queues for dps players AND incentivize the living daylights out of the average casual Joe Blow to queue this game again and you will actually have potential for better matchups again. You cant have instant queues for all 3 roles with zero incentive for joe blow to queue AND have good matchmaking. Something has to give.

Remember the average competitive player AND average QP/arcade player are 2 different species period.

Average Competitive player is low to mid gold

Average QP or arcade player LOL is mid silver at best and I am being extremely generous.

1 Like

No, it only bases it on wins and losses. Blizz told us this.